To be eligible for exchange studies at our university you must be a student at one of our partner universities, and have completed at least one year of full-time studies. You may then come for one or two semesters. Your home university must nominate you for an exchange period at the University of Skövde. For this reason, all applications for exchange studies must go through a student exchange coordinator at your home university. For more information about exchange programmes and agreements please contact the International coordinator at your home university. Once you home university has submitted the nomination you will receive detailed information about the application procedures.
Application deadlines for exchange students:
15 April for the following autumn semester (or academic year)
15 October for the following spring semester
How to apply
We are happy that you are interested in applying to the University of Skövde!
Please read the instructions carefully, and then fill out the online application form.
- You and your study advisor must carefully examine the prerequisites for each course you are interested in. You should only apply to courses where you fulfil the academic requirements. For most master's level courses the student must have been awarded a Bachelor's degree (equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen/Bachelor's degree). Courses with prerequisites can be found at Courses in English.
- Fill out the form on your computer. After you have ensured that all the information is correct, click the submit button.
- You will receive an on-screen confirmation of the application. You will find your application number in the confirmation message.
- Print a copy of your application (confirmation).
- The application form needs to be signed by some authorized persons at your home university:
- Your study advisor or similar must fill out the number of credits equal to full-time studies at your home university and approved the courses you have selected by signing the document.
- The exchange coordinator or similar is responsible for ensuring your English language skills at Bachelor's level by signing this document. Students applying for Master's level courses and programmes must demostrate their English abilities through an internationally recognozed English test (TOEFL, IELTS, Cambrige).
- The application number should be stated on all the documents that you send to us.
- Your application and all of the documents required should be scanned and send by e-mail to email@example.com. Please observe that your application must be available at the University of Skövde by the deadline.
The application will be open between 15th of March and 15th of April for the following autumn semester and between 15th of September and 15th of October for the following spring semester. Please note this is only for nominated exchange students under formal exchange agreements. All other international students must apply via universityadmission.se
To access the online application form, please use the link to the right side of this page.