Testimonial Enrica Loria
"The myth that people there are too reserved or unwelcoming couldn’t be further from the truth. In three words: I loved it!"
– Sweden in general has a special spot in my heart and I strongly hope that I can come back again and this time for a longer staying.
Enrica Loria studied in Skövde for a semester (January – June 2017). Now, she is back in Italy and Salerno.
How come you studied in Skövde?
– I've always wanted to have an experience abroad and that's why I applied for the Erasmus Program in what was my home university at that time (University of Salerno, Italy). I chose Skövde mostly due to the research area of the lab we had a partnership with. My main interest is game development and have the chance of working in the field of Serious Games really fascinated me. To be honest I had never thought about Sweden before that, but I'm so glad I've taken this opportunity.
What do you think of the town?
– The first thing that I thought was that it is super green. I love the atmosphere that you can breathe in the city, It was so different from what I was used to. Even though the city itself it's not huge, in fact it is quite small, you can find there everything you need. Not to mention that people are extremely kind and always available to help. The myth that people there are too reserved or unwelcoming couldn't be further from the truth. In three words: I loved it!
How will you describe the atmosphere at the University?
– International. That's the first adjective that comes to my mind if I have to describe the University of Skövde. People from different cultures and backgrounds are very well mixed, giving birth to an environment that enriches everyone who comes in contact with it.
The best thing with Skövde?
– That's probably the hardest question. I cannot identify one thing in particular that I appreciated more of the others. I'd say that everything contributed in the building of the perfect experience. Sweden in general has a special spot in my heart and I strongly hope that I can come back again and this time for a longer staying.