Science without Borders
The University of Skövde is delighted to have been selected to participate in the Science without Borders scholarship programme. Launched in 2011, the Science without Borders scheme provides Brazilian students with government scholarships to study abroad.
The University of Skövde is a modern and innovative university that offers first-class programmes and competitive research, which attract research scientists and students from all over the world. It is one of the most specialised universities in Sweden. We have decided to concentrate our efforts and resources on three research areas. In doing so, we can provide specialised, competitive research and highly skilled researchers to our partners within academic, industry, and society in general. The research is conducted at our five research specialisations: Informatics; Systems Biology; Virtual Engineering; Health and Learning; and Enterprises for the Future.
Our international students enjoy studying and living on and around a safe and beautiful campus, which is located close to the centre of the town of Skövde.
The University of Skövde is also very pleased to have been selected to welcome post-doc researchers from Brazil with scholarships co-funded by Saab and Science without Borders.
- Ranked as the top one university in Sweden and the second best in Europe regarding “learning overall” (ISB benchmark 2010/2011).
- Rated number one in performance feedback, IT-support and living cost (ISB benchmark 2010/2011).
- VOLVO Preferred Research Partner. The University of Skövde was the first university to enter the programme VOLVO Preferred Research Partner. Only five higher education institutions in the world are classified as VOLVO academic partners.
- The first university in Sweden that has become a preferred Knowledge Environment by the Swedish Knowledge Foundation.
- Shares premises with Gothia Science Park – a business incubator and talent factory, a natural meeting place between academia and industry. In September 2009, an 11,000-square-metre building complex was inaugurated. This new building, named Portalen, houses the University of Skövde Research Centres and provides lab and office facilities for companies with a similar focus, making it one of the most integrated environments for research and development in Sweden.
- Our Game Incubator at Gothia Science Park is a world-leading talent factory in the field of computer game development.
- The University of Skövde, together with Skövde Town Hall, was the European champion of entrepreneurship, awarded at the European Enterprise Awards 2009.
- Our master’s students were awarded "Best Serious Game” at the Swedish Game Awards 2011.
- Close cooperation with the labour market and the industry to create employable students.
- Good relations between students, teachers and other staff.
- Centrally located in the town of Skövde, surrounded by beautiful nature and the two largest lakes in Sweden.
- Close to everything - only a two-hour train ride to Stockholm and one hour to Gothenburg.
- A young university with an internationally competitive research environment.
- Five schools: the School of Bioscience, the School of Business, the School Health and Education, the School of Informatics, and the School of Engineering Science.
- 11,000 students, 50 degree courses and 700 single subject courses.
- International master’s programmes taught in English.
More information about the Science without Borders programme:
Study in Sweden
What students say
Camila Guedes Brandão, Universidade Federal do Pará