Scientific Theory in Informatics, Post-graduate level, 7,5 ECTS, IT919F
In this course, you are trained to address scientific issues in informatics with well supported arguments. Informatics is a broad scientific area, which encompasses a number of subdisciplines. This course covers a broad selection of central scientific theories of the subdisciplines included in the University of Skövde´s definition of information technology.
The course also includes activities in which the students are given the opportunity to penetrate a particular theory, based on their own interest. The course also includes elements in which the students are practicing their oral proficiency in English, by presenting and discussing relevant theories. For students reading the course as part of the Master programmes in Computer Science, this course also caters for the opportunity to enhance their knowledge in some of the theories that are fundamental for the other, more specialized, courses.
- Course coordinator: Jeremy Rose
- Examiner: Yacine Atif
- Application code: HS-FF209
- Prerequisites: To be eligible for the course a Bachelor’s Degree in Informatics, or from an area related to Informatics, or the equivalent, is required. A further requirement is proof of skills in English equivalent of studies at upper secondary level in Sweden, known as English course B. This is normally demon- strated by means of an internationally recognized test, e g IELTS, TOEFL or the equivalent.
- Course plan with course literature: Course plan in English, Course plan in Swedish
- Start semester: autumn -18
- Pace of study: 25%
- Start week - end week: w.36 - w.03
- When: Day
- Language: The teaching is conducted in English.
- Place: Skövde
- Course code: IT919F
- Course type Freestanding course
- Mode of teaching Campus