User account and password
Find the answers to frequent questions regarding your user account here. There are also tips on what to do if you want to change, or have forgotten, your password.
Obtaining your user account
Once you have been admitted to a course or a program at the University of Skövde, you will be able to obtain your user account. There are a few ways to do this:
- On the "activate user account" site You need your Swedish Civic registration number and the e-mail address you used when you applied to the University. Your registration number is printed on your letter of acceptance and looks like this: YYYYMMDD-LNNN (f ex 19950205-T436). NB! If you have a Microsoft email (live, hotmail or outlook), you might not retrieve your account information. Please use another service to activate your account.
- On the "manage account" site (requires Swedish BankID)
- By visiting IT Helpdesk at the school. Remember to bring photo identification.
- By sending an application. Fill out the account application form, sign it and mail it to the address on the form. You can also scan the signed application and e-mail it to email@example.com.
Remember that you need to register for your classes in order to be fully activated! You can register for classes in the student portal once you have activated your account.
How long is my user account active?
Your account is active one semester after the last course you are registered on is finished.
Where can I use my account?
You can use your account to:
- Log in at the University's computers, printers and your student e-mail account.
- Log in to Studentportalen, where you can also access Scio, with your course material.
- Use the library's databases from outside campus
- Connect your devices to eduroam (WiFi) at the school and other places where it is available.
Rules for computer use
Your user account at the University of Skövde is personal. You should not let anyone else use it. This document describes the rules for computer use.
Change your password on a computer at the University
- Log in to one of the University's computers
- Press ctrl+alt+del
- Click Change Password
- Specify your old password and your new one twice
- Click on the Arrow
Change your password in the webmail
- Log on to the webmail
- Click Options
- Click Change your password
- Type your current password once and type twice your new password
- Click Save
Receive a password in a text message (SMS)
Go to our SMS-service
Receive a password in an e-mail
Go to our e-mail service
- At least 8 characters
- At least one upper character
- At least one lower character
- At least one number
- No Swedish special characters (å, ä or ö)
- Must be different from your old password
- Must not contain your user name or your name
- Must be a password different from one you have already used