Re-evaluation and Correction of a Grade
If you think that a written examination has been wrongly corrected, you have the possibility to ask for a re-evaluation or a correction, depending on the nature of the case. This should be done as soon as possible after the grade has been publicized. If you wish to have your written examination re-evaluated, ask for a copy of your exam and leave the original with the Student Affairs Office until the case is closed.
Re-evaluation – written motivation
If you think that the assessment of your written examination is wrong, you can apply for a re-evaluation.
- Ask for a copy of your exam at the Student Affairs Office
- Fill out the form Application for re-evaluation
- On a separate sheet of paper, write your motivation for which questions you wish to have re-evaluated and what you consider to be wrong with the assessment of these questions. Title your motivation “Re-evaluation of exam” and include your name and civic registration number OR your student ID number. Be as detailed and specific as possible, if necessary, referencing the grading criteria or the exam review done in class.
- Send or hand the form and your written motivation in to the Student Affairs Office
- The Student Affairs Office will make a new copy of your original exam and send it, along with the form and your motivation, to the course examiner for review.
Correction – contact the examiner directly
If the grading teacher has made an obvious counting error or something similar, the course examiner can correct the mistake. In this case, you should contact the examiner directly. Bring a copy of your exam to the examiner.
A decision regarding a change of grade can only be made by the course examiner. If the request is denied, an appeal is not possible. The examiner should notify the student of the decision, either orally or through e-mail, normally within 2 weeks.
A student’s right to re-evaluation of a grade is controlled in the Education Ordinance (Chapter 6, sections 23-24).
NB! The examiner for the course can be found on Studentportalen