School of Informatics
PhD in Computing Science, Docent in Computer Science, Interactive Knowledge Systems
Associate Professor (Biträdande professor) of Computer Science
Senior researcher at the Informatics Research Centre and
Skövde Artificial Intelligence Lab
- Project leader at University of Skövde for the HMI for Distributed Decision-Making project. The project is coordinated by Saab Aeronautics and is funded by VINNOVA with 7.3 MSEK during 2013–2017 within the NFFP6 research program.
- Project leader at University of Skövde for the Information Fusion for Decision Support and Human System Interaction in Future Flying Platforms project. The project is coordinated by Saab Aeronautics and is funded by VINNOVA with 8.35 MSEK during 2009–2013 within the NFFP5 research program.
- Former project leader for the Intelligence Fusion project. The project was funded by Saab AB and the RAP research school with 1.9 MSEK during 2008–2011.
- Former project leader at University of Skövde for the T4You – Improving the Electronic Health Record for Dental Care project. The project was funded by Region Västra Götaland with 1.13 MSEK during 2011.
- Former scenario leader for the Situation Awareness scenario within the Information Fusion research program. The SA scenario was funded by The Knowledge Foundation with 7.8 MSEK during 2006–2011.
- Former project leader for the Hypotheses and Visualization projects within the Information Fusion research program. The projects were funded by The Knowledge Foundation with 2.6 MSEK each during 2006–2011.
- Former project leader for the Pragmatic Patterns for Clinical Knowledge Management research project, which was funded by VINNOVA with 2.6 MSEK during 2006–2009.
- Main supervisor of research students Rikard Laxhammar (Saab AB, Järfälla) and Tove Helldin.
- Co-supervisor of research student Tina Erlandsson (Saab AB, Linköping).
- Former main supervisor of research students Maria Riveiro, Ph.D. March 17, 2011, , Ph.D. December 1, 2010, and Marie Gustafsson, Ph.D. June 15, 2009.
Former co-supervisor of research students Christoffer Brax, Ph.D. September 19, 2011, (Chalmers University of Technology), Ph. licentiate June 9, 2011, and Anders Dahlbom, Ph.D. February 7, 2011.
Gustafsson Friberger, M. and Falkman, G. (2013) Collaboration processes, outcomes, challenges, and enablers of distributed clinical communities of practice. Behaviour & Information Technology 32(6), 519–531. London: Taylor & Francis. DOI 10.1080/0144929X.2011.602426.
Helldin, T., Falkman, G., Riveiro, M., Dahlbom, A. and Lebram, M. (2013) Transparency of Military Threat Evaluation Through Visualizing Uncertainty and System Rationale. In Proc. 15th Int. Conf. on Human-Computer Interaction (HCII 2013), 21–26 July 2013, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, pp 263–272.
Helldin, T., Falkman, G., Riveiro, M. and Davidsson, S. (2013) Presenting system uncertainty in automotive UIs for supporting trust calibration in autonomous driving. To appear in Proc. 5th Int. Conf. on Automotive User Interfaces and Interactive Vehicular Applications (Automotive'UI 13), Eindhoven, The Netherlands, October 27–30, 2013.
Laxhammar, R. and Falkman, G. (2013) Inductive conformal anomaly detection for sequential detection of anomalous sub-trajectories. Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence (Online First). Springer. DOI 10.1007/s10472-013-9381-7.
Laxhammar, R. and Falkman, G. (2013) Online Learning and Sequential Anomaly Detection in Trajectories. To appear in IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence.
Riveiro, M. and Falkman, G. (2013) Detecting anomalous behavior in sea traffic: a study of analytical strategies and their implications for surveillance systems. To appear in Int. J. Information Technology & Decision Making.
Riveiro, M., Helldin, T. Lebram, M. and Falkman, G. (2013) Towards future threat evaluation systems: user study, proposal and precepts for design. To appear in Proc. 16th Int. Conf. Information Fusion (FUSION 2013), Istanbul, Turkey, July 9–12, 2013