Senior Lecturer in Informatics
The position refers to the area of Informatics, which at the University of Skövde is defined as the science that addresses how information is represented, processed and communicated in artificial and natural systems, and how such systems are used and developed in order to achieve usable and effective applications and solutions for individuals, organizations or society. Specifically, the desired competence of the lector will include expertise in, for example, signal processing, computer vision as well as product and production development. The lector will be an important enabler to conduct research that leads to improvements in modeling and predicting real human behavior and interaction. The lector will contribute to digital and real world interaction of human and technology within a research environment characterized by collaboration across research areas, within existing and planned projects in the InteractionLab (School of Informatics) and User Centered Product Design (School of Engineering Science) research groups. The position mainly concerns research and teaching, but additional assignments might be included.
Application deadline: August 1st 2017
Reference number: HS 2017/463
The qualification requirements are:
- PhD in Informatics (or equivalent subject) or have the equivalent scientific qualifications or other professional skills that are of interest with respect to the subject matter and the tasks to be included in the position
- proven pedagogical proficiency
- demonstrated experience and skills in programming
- ability to communicate well, orally and in writing, in English.
Base of evaluation
In addition to the qualification requirements, the bases of evaluation for this position are:
- Degree of proficiency that is required for the employment (see the qualification requirements).
- Good collaboration ability.
- Good knowledge in computer vision.
- Certificate of completed training in teaching and learning in higher education (15 ECTS) or demonstration of equivalent education.
For this position special emphasis will be placed upon good collaboration ability.
The University of Skövde strives towards ethnical and cultural diversity and equal gender distribution within all employment categories. As the majority of the employees in the subject area are men, the University especially invites women to apply for this position.
The position is a full time (100 %) permanent employment. The University applies a probationary period of 6 months.
Information about the positions
Anna-Sofia Alklind Taylor, Head of Division
Paul Hemeren, Prefekt
Human Resources Office
Anders Johansson, SACO-s
Sonja Nohlgren, ST
These persons may be reached through the Universitys switchboard 0046-(0)500-448000.