PhD Student in Molecular biology
The position is in the subject molecular biology. At the University of Skövde molecular biology is defined as the science that studies structure and function of macromolecules (such as nucleic acids and proteins) in order to understand biological structures and processes. Molecular biology has emerged from disciplines such as microbiology, biochemistry, cell biology and genetics as a result of the development of technical methods that allow biological studies on a molecular level.
Application deadline: April 30th 2017
Reference number: HS 2017/222
The position comprises PhD studies (at least 80%) and departmental duties (teaching and administrative tasks, at most 20%). The project is a collaborative project between University of Skövde and Örebro University financed by the Knowledge foundation and the applicant should be prepared to spend recurring periods of time at both two universities. The main placement is at University of Skövde.
Additional assignments might be included in the position.
The qualification requirements are:
- an advanced level degree in molecular biology, biochemistry or biomedicine or other subject area considered to be relevant by the employer
- completed coursework equal to 240 ECTS credits where a minimum of 60 ECTS credits is on the advanced level, or knowledge equivalent to these levels of university study.
Base of evaluation
In addition to the qualification requirements, the bases of evaluation for this position are:
- Good ability to do what is required for education on the PhD-level.
- Knowledge and practical experience of laboratory work in molecular biology and biochemistry.
- Knowledge and practical experience in structural modelling.
- Good ability in planning and performing research experiments independently and to analyse the results.
- Documented good collaborative skills.
- Good ability to plan and organize one's workload.
- Good ability to communicate in English, orally and in writing.
For this position, special emphasis will be placed upon good ability to do what is required for education on the PhD-level, knowledge and practical experience of laboratory work in molecular biology and biochemistry and good ability in planning and performing research experiments independently and to analyse the results.
The University of Skövde strives towards ethnic and cultural diversity and equal gender distribution within all employment categories. As the majority of the employees in the subject area are men the University especially invites women to apply for this position.
The position is a temporary employment until PhD degree, but no longer than 5 years. Salary will be paid according to the local agreement "Wage ladder for PhD Students". Only persons who will be or already are admitted to doctoral education may be employed as a PhD student.
Information about the position
Andreas Tilevik, Head of Division
Mikael Ejdebäck, Supervisor
Human Resources Office
Anders Johansson, SACO-s
Sonja Nohlgren, ST
Helen Jern, Swedish Teacher's Union
These persons may be reached through the Universitys switchboard 0046-(0)500-448000.