Post-Doctor in Ergonomics and User Centred Design
The position is within Product Design Engineering, which as a subject at University of Skövde covers technologies, methods, processes and organisation for increased efficiency and learning within product development.
Application deadline: April 20th 2017
Reference number: HS 2017/169
The position as Post-Doctor is fulltime and done accordingly to the collective agreement between the Swedish Agency for Government Employers, OFR-S, SACO-S and SEKO.
The position mainly concerns research in ergonomics related to research projects carried out at the research group User Centred Product Design at the School of Engineering Science, within the four focus areas: ergonomics simulation (digital human modelling - DHM), anthropometry, industrial information design and smart textiles. The primary research activities involve development of methods and systems for ergonomics assessments based on user registered data, such as body movements and exertion of forces, where data is coming from sensors worn by humans or from a DHM tool. The research also involves development of suitable ways to communicate assessment results back to the user and other stakeholders. In cooperation with other researchers, demonstrators are developed to facilitate testing and communication of solution concepts. The research is carried out in close collaboration with industry since they need time and cost effective tools and methods that consider human aspects within product and production development processes. Application areas may be the health sector, sports, automotive, production and protective clothing. The position also involves establishment of new research initiatives and collaborations in the area. Additional assignments and teaching up to 20 % might be included in the position.
The qualification requirements are:
- PhD in Ergonomics, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Product and Production Development or other relevant subject or have a foreign degree deemed equivalent to a PhD, and where the PhD degree has not been obtained more than three years prior to the application deadline. If there are special circumstances the PhD degree can has been obtained earlier.
- documented good knowledge in ergonomics or user centred design.
- documented ability to communicate well, orally and in writing, in English.
- documented good collaboration ability.
Base of evaluation
In addition to the qualification requirements, the bases of evaluation for this position are:
- Degree of proficiency that is required for the employment (see the qualification requirements).
- Experiences from research in the development of ergonomics simulation tools and/or ergonomics evaluation methods.
- Experiences from research in ergonomics or user centred design related to collection and processing of data, e.g. measurements of body movements, forces, anthropometry, behaviours and experiences.
- Good ability to plan and organize one's work and from managing projects.
- Experiences from writing applications for research funding.
- Experience of student supervision on advanced or PhD level.
For this position, special emphasis will be placed upon experiences from research in the development of ergonomics simulation tools and/or ergonomics evaluation methods and experiences from research in ergonomics or user centred design related to collection and processing of data, e.g. measurements of body movements, forces, anthropometry, behaviours and experiences.
The University of Skövde strives towards ethnic and cultural diversity and equal gender distribution within all employment categories. As the majority of the employees in the subject area are men the University especially invites women to apply for this position.
The position is a temporary fulltime position for two years.
Information about the positions
Dan Högberg, Research Group Leader
Peter Thorvald, Deputy Head of Division
Anne Laigård Carlsen
Human Resources Office
Anders Johansson, SACO-s
Sonja Nohlgren, ST
These persons may be reached through the Universitys switchboard 0046-(0)500-448000.