Senior Lecturer in informatics
The position refers to the area of Informatics, which at the University of Skövde is defined as the science that addresses how information is represented, processed and communicated in artificial and natural systems, and how such systems are used and developed in order to achieve usable and effective applications and solutions for individuals, organizations or society. Research and education in game development is carried out within two research groups: Interaction Lab and MTEC. This means that Skövde has a strong profile as one of the leading environments for game development in Sweden. We need to strengthen this environment with new researchers and teachers.
Application deadline: May 18th 2017
Reference number: HS 2016/1153
The position includes:
- Research within the area of serious games.
- Teaching at undergraduate and graduate level in game development and serious games.
- Being a part of the future development of the research and education within game development in general and serious games in particular.
- Additional assignments might be included in the position.
The qualification requirements are:
- PhD or have the equivalent scientific qualifications or other professional skills that are of interest with respect to the subject matter and the tasks to be included in the position
- proven pedagogical proficiency
- ability to teach and grade student work in Swedish
- documented ability to collaborate well.
Base of evaluation
In addition to the qualification requirements, the bases of evaluation for this position are:
- Degree of proficiency that is required for the employment (see qualification requirements).
- Certificate of completed training in teaching and learning in higher education (15 ECTS) or demonstration of equivalent education.
- Documented good ability to work independently.
- Ability to teach and grade student work in English.
- Experience of research in game developing, especially Serious Games.
- The degree of ability to disseminate research to the society.
- Experience of research and collaboration with organizations outside the University.
- Good ability to communicate well.
For this position special emphasis will be placed upon education within the area and experience of research and collaboration with organizations outside the university.
The University of Skövde strives towards ethnical and cultural diversity and equal gender distribution within all employment categories. As the majority of the employees in the subject area are men, the University especially invites women to apply for this position.
The position is a full time (100 %) permanent employment. The University applies a probationary period of 6 months.
Information about the positions
Johan Almer, Head of Division
Per Backlund, associate Professor of Informatics
Human Resources Office
Anders Johansson, SACO-s
Sonja Nohlgren, ST
These persons may be reached through the Universitys switchboard 0046-(0)500-448000.