There are many reasons for studying at University of Skövde. Here we present six of them.
- Close to everything! Skövde is a big city in miniature. The city can offer a big variety of entertainment, shops, restaurants, fantastic surroundings, culture and sport- all within easy reach. It only takes a few minutes to get up on Mount Billingen, which has everything from a ski slope, cross-country ski tracks, jogging tracks and Europe's highest team tower to lakes ideal for fishing and bathing and forests rich in flora and fauna. You can also reach the two largest cities in Sweden within two hours by train from Skövde. It takes two hours to Stockholm, the capital of Sweden, and one hour to Gothenburg.
- Language! Swedes in general speak good English. We also offer courses in Swedish and Swedish culture.
- Hands on education! Our programme in for example Applied technology gives you hands on knowledge in that field.
- International Committee! We have a very engaged and lively student fraternity that helps and supports our international students.
- Accomodation! Exchange students are guaranteed accommodation. For freemovers we cannot offer the same possibility but it is quite easy to find accommodation in Skövde.
- Go further! Go abroad! As an international student enrolled at the University of Skövde you are welcome to apply for exchange studies at our partner institutions.