Institutionen för informationsteknologi
PhD in Computing Science, Docent in Computer Science with speciality in Interactive Knowledge Systems
Associate Professor (Biträdande professor) of Computer Science
Senior researcher at the Informatics Research Centre and
Skövde Artificial Intelligence Lab
- Project leader for the Informatics theme within a research collaboration between the University of Skövde and the University of Borås. The theme is funded by Region Västra Götaland with 8.5 MSEK (13 MSEK in total) during 2013–2015 and consists of six joint research projects involving ~25 researchers.
- Project leader for BIDAF – A Big Data Analytics Framework for a Smart Society. The project is a collaboration with SICS (coordinator) and Halmstad University and is funded by The Knowledge Foundation (KK-stiftelsen) with 0.5 MSEK during 2014.
- Project leader for HMI for Distributed Decision-Making. The project is coordinated by Saab Aeronautics and is funded by the Swedish Governmental Agency for Innovation Systems (VINNOVA) with 7.3 MSEK (15.5 MSEK in total) during 2013–2017 within the National Avionics Research Program (NFFP6).
- Deputy project leader for Uncertainty Management in High-Level Information Fusion (UMIF). The project is funded by KK-stiftelsen with 10 MSEK (15.3 MSEK in total) during 2011–2014.
- Project leader for Information Fusion for Decision Support and Human System Interaction in Future Flying Platforms. The project is coordinated by Saab Aeronautics and is funded by VINNOVA with 8.35 MSEK (17.7 MSEK in total) during 2009–2014 within the NFFP5 research program.
- Main supervisor of research students Tove Helldin, Ulrika Ohlander (Saab AB, Linköping) and Ahmad Qureshi.
- Co-supervisor of research student Tina Erlandsson (Saab AB, Linköping).
Helldin, T., Ohlander, U., Riveiro, M. and Falkman, G. (2014) Incorporating System Transparency into an Automated Combat Classification System – A Qualitative Study. To appear in Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (HCI International 2014), 22–27 June 2014, Heraklion, Crete, Greece.
Riveiro, M., Helldin, T. and Falkman, G. (2014) Influence of Meta-Information on Decision-Making: Lessons Learned From Four Case Studies. To appear in Proceedings of the IEEE 4th International Multi-Disciplinary Conference on Cognitive Methods in Situation Awareness and Decision Support (CogSIMA 2014), March 3–6, San Antonio, USA.
Riveiro, M., Helldin, T., Falkman, G. and Lebram, M. (2014) Effects of visualizing uncertainty on decision-making in a target identification scenario. To appear in Computers & Graphics. Elsevier.
Gustafsson Friberger, M. and Falkman, G. (2013) Collaboration processes, outcomes, challenges, and enablers of distributed clinical communities of practice. Behaviour & Information Technology 32(6), 519–531. London: Taylor & Francis. DOI 10.1080/0144929X.2011.602426.
Helldin, T., Falkman, G., Riveiro, M., Dahlbom, A. and Lebram, M. (2013) Transparency of Military Threat Evaluation Through Visualizing Uncertainty and System Rationale. In Harris, D. (Ed.): Engineering Psychology and Cognitive Ergonomics. Applications and Services, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 8020, pp 263–272. Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
Helldin, T., Falkman, G., Riveiro, M. and Davidsson, S. (2013) Presenting system uncertainty in automotive UIs for supporting trust calibration in autonomous driving. In Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Automotive User Interfaces and Interactive Vehicular Applications (AutomotiveUI ’13), pp 210–217. New York, NY, USA. ACM.
Laxhammar, R. and Falkman, G. (2013) Inductive conformal anomaly detection for sequential detection of anomalous sub-trajectories. Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence, 1–28. Springer Netherlands. DOI 10.1007/s10472-013-9381-7.
Laxhammar, R. and Falkman, G. (2013) Online Learning and Sequential Anomaly Detection in Trajectories. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 26 Sept. 2013. IEEE Computer Society.
Riveiro, M. and Falkman, G. (2013) Detecting anomalous behavior in sea traffic: a study of analytical strategies and their implications for surveillance systems. To appear in Int. J. Information Technology & Decision Making.
Riveiro, M., Helldin, T. Lebram, M. and Falkman, G. (2013) Towards future threat evaluation systems: user study, proposal and precepts for design. In Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Information Fusion (FUSION 2013), Istanbul, Turkey, July 9–12, 2013, pp 1863–1870.