Institutionen för informationsteknologi
The 3rd International Workshop on Testing Extra-Functional Properties and Quality Characteristics of Software Systems (ITEQS'19). The workshop will be held in conjunction with the 12th IEEE International Conference on Software Testing, Validation and Verification (ICST'19).
More information and CFP is found at http://www.mrtc.mdh.se/ITEQS/2019/
Employed at the University of Skövde since 2000. Got the students award for the best teacher at the school of Humanities and Informatics, Guldäpplet 2012. Currently teaching Software testing, Concurrent programming, Distributed systems, Scientific workshop and Software engineering experimentation, as well as being examiner and supervisor of final year projects at BSc and MSc level.
- From 2019 Birgitta is Director of the PhD education in Informatics
- Responsible for the topic Computer Science at BSc and MSc level (2005-2010)
- Since 2004 Birgitta has been the program coordinator for three study programs: Computer Science - Specialization in Systems Development, Web Development and System programming
- Course coordinator for the final year project in informatics (BSc), Concurrent programming (BSc), Cloud Computing (MSc), Software testing (BSc and MSc) and Distributed real-time systems (MSc)
- Other: Sofware Engineering (BSc), Scientific Theory (MSc), Embedded Systems (BSc), Research and Development (BSc)
- 2015 - present, research leader for the DRTS (Distributed Real-Time Systems) research group
- 2000 - present, senior member of the DRTS (Distributed Real-Time Systems) research group
- 2017 - 2020, ELVIRA (member). ELVIRA is an EU/ISF funded project focusing on protection of critical infrastructures. In particular the power grid.
- 2013 - 2018, TOCSYC (program manager). TOCSYC is a SIDUS project, sponsored by KKS (30 MSEK) and coordinated by Mälardalen University. TOCSYC is a joint effort together with Mälardalen University, Swedish Instititute of Computer Science, Blekinge Institute of Technology and Karlstad University to address testing of non-functional characteristics such as performance efficiency, robustness and testability.
- 2013 - 2015, PILOT (project leader). A NFFP6 project sponsored by Vinnova (3,25 MSEK)and Saab Aeronautics (3,25 MSEK). PILOT addresses the problem of combining model-driven development with the code-coverage metrics that should be used for software testing of safety-critical systems such as avionics.
- 2012 - 2013, TOCSYC. A SIDUS step 1 project sponsored by Vinnova (0,5 MSEK). This was a joint effort between four universities and one institute to prepare an application for SIDUS step 2.
- 2011 - 2013, Platform Independent Software Testing (project leader). A NFFP5 project sponsored by Vinnova (3,3 MSEK) and Saab Aeronautics (3,3 MSEK).
- 2000-2009, Testability in Dynamic Real-Time Systems (PhD student). An ARTES project in collaboration with Enea.
- Lindström, B. (2009), Testability of dynamic real-time systems, PhD thesis, Linköpings studies in science and technology, Dissertation No 1241, ISBN 978-91-7393-695-8.
- B. Lindström, A. Márki (2018). On strong mutation and the theory of subsuming logic-based mutants. Software Testing, Verification and Reliability, 2018;e1667. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/stvr.1667
- J. Ding, Y. Atif, S. F. Andler, B. Lindström and M. Jeusfeld (2017). CPS-based Threat Modeling for Critical Infrastructure Protection. SIGMETRICS Performance Evaluation, vol. 45, no. 2, pp 129-132. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3152042.3152080.
- B. Lindström, J. Offutt, D. Sundmark, S.F. Andler and P. Pettersson (2017). Using Mutation to Design Tests for Aspect-Oriented Models, Journal of Information and Software Technology, Vol 81, pp 112-130, Elsevier, DOI: 10.1016/j.infsof.2016.04.007. pdf
- S.M.A. Shah, D. Sundmark, B. Lindström and S.F. Andler (2016), Robustness testing of embedded systems: An industrial interview study, IEEE Access, Vol. 4, pp 1859-1871, DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2016.2544951. pdf
- M. Grindal, B. Lindström, J. Offutt, and S.F. Andler (2006), An Evaluation of Combination Strategies for Test Case Selection, Empirical Software Engineering, vol. 11, no. 4, pp 583-611. pdf
Conferences and workshops
- B. Lindström and A. Márki (2016), On Strong Mutation and Subsuming Mutants, 11th Workshop on Mutation Analysis (MUTATION), Chicago. DOI: 10.1109/ICSTW.2016.28
- A. Eriksson and B. Lindström (2016), UML Associations: Reducing the Gap in Test Coverage Between Model and Code, in the 4th International Conference on Model-Driven Engineering and Software Development, (MODELSWARD), Rome. DOI: 10.5220/0005745205890599. Download pdf
- M.M. Hassan, W. Afzal, B. Lindström, S.M.A. Shah, S.F. Andler and M. Blom (2016), Testability and Software Performance: A Systematic Mapping Study, in the 31st ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (ACM SAC), Pisa. DOI: 10.1145/2851613.2851978
- B. Lindström, S. F. Andler, J. Offutt, P. Pettersson and D. Sundmark, (2015), Mutating Aspect-Oriented Models to Test Cross-Cutting Concerns, 10th Workshop on Mutation Analysis (MUTATION), Graz. DOI: 10.1109/ICSTW.2015.7107456
- J. Ding, B. Lindström, G. Mathiason, S. F. Andler (2015), Towards threat modeling for CPS-based critical infrastructure protection, The 22nd International Emergency Management Society (TIEMS) Annual Conference, Rome, Italy. pdf
- M.M. Hassan, W. Afzal, M. Blom, B. Lindström, S.F. Andler and S. Eldh (2015), Testability and Software Robustness: A Systematic Literature Review, in the 41st Euromicro Conference on Software Engineering and Advanced Applications, Funchal. DOI: 10.1109/SEAA.2015.47
- A. Eriksson, B. Lindström and J. Offutt (2013) Transformation Rules for Platform Independent Testing: An Empirical Study, in the 6th IEEE International Conference on Software Testing, Verification and Validation (ICST). DOI: 10.1109/ICST.2013.28
- A. Eriksson, B. Lindström, J. Offutt and S. F. Andler (2012) Model Transformation on Test Artifacts: An Empirical Study, in proceedings of the 9th workshop on Model-Driven Engineering, Verification and Validation held in conjunction with ACM/IEEE 15th International Conference on Model-Driven Engineering Languages and Systems. DOI: 10.1145/2427376.2427378
- B. Lindström, J. Offutt and S.F. Andler (2008), Testability of dynamic real-time systems: An Empirical Study of Execution environment implications, In Proceedings of the 1st IEEE International Conference on Software Testing, Verification and Validation (ICST), pages 112- 120, Lillehammer, Norway, April 2008. DOI: 10.1109/ICST.2008.21
- B. Lindström, P. Pettersson and J. Offutt (2007), Generating Trace-Sets for Model-Based Testing, in Proceedings of the 18th International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering, pages 171-180, IEEE Computer Society, ISSN:1071-9458. DOI: 10.1109/ISSRE.2007.15
- B. Lindström and J. Mellin (2005), Work in Progress: Testability Experiments. In Proceedings of Real Time in Sweden 2005 (RTiS 2005), Special Session on Testing of Event-Triggered Real-Time Systems, pages. 101-106.
- B. Lindström, M. Grindal and J. Offutt (2004), Using an Existing Suite of Test Objects: Experience from a Testing Experiment, SIGSOFT Software Engineering Notes 29(5), pages 1-3.
- M. Grindal and B. Lindström (2002), Challenges in testing real-time systems. In 10th International Conference on Software Testing Analysis and Review (EuroSTAR'02), Edinburgh, Scotland, CD-ROM.
- B. Lindström, J. Mellin and S.F. Andler (2002), Testability of dynamic real-time systems, In 8th Int'l Conf on Real-Time Computing Systems and Applications (RTCSA 2002), pages 93-97, Tokyo, Japan.