The Swedish Parliament has decided that students from outside the EU/EEA area have to pay application and tuition fees for studying in Sweden.
Students liable for tuition fees:
- Students from countries outside the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA)
- Students studying on basic (bachelor) or advanced (master) level
- Students that begin their studies the autumn semester 2011 or later
Students NOT liable for tuition fees:
- Students from countries inside the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA)
- Students studying on research level (PhD)
- Exchange students (regardless of origin)
- Students continuing studies initiated before July 2011
For detailed information and FAQ, please see the links on the right hand side of this page. Most of the international students are also liable for the application fee, more information regarding this matter can be found at universityadmissions.se.
The University of Skövde offers scholarships which cover 50% of the tuition fee for those students who get awarded.
The University of Skövde has tuition fees in two price brackets for study programmes (per academic year – 60 ECTS), these are the fees for the academic year 2014/15:
- Programmes price bracket 1 (P1): 90 000 SEK (per academic year – 60 ECTS)
- Programmes price bracket 2 (P2): 125 000 SEK (per academic year – 60 ECTS)
The tuition fees for separate courses are also divided in two price brackets (per one ECTS credit):
- Courses price brackets 1 (C1): 2000 SEK/credit
- Courses price brackets 2 (C2): 2500 SEK/credit
Disciplinary domains with price brackets P1 and C1 are: Humanities, law, social science and teaching/education.
Disciplinary domains with price brackets P2 and C2 are: Life science, technology, medicine, health science and design.
Disciplinary domains and subjects
- Subjects (fields of study) are assigned to disciplinary domains in the documentList over subjects and main fields of study. (Currently only available in Swedish, the necessary information regarding the price brackets is however presented below on this page.)
- Study programmes are assigned to disciplinary domains by the subject (i.e. field of study or major).
- Courses are assigned to disciplinary domains in the course description (i.e. not to subject).
Subjects by price brackets
|Price bracket 1 (P1 and C1)||Price bracket 2 (P2 and C2)|
Social Science in School
Swedish Language, the
Information Systems Development
Media Arts, Aesthetics and Narration
Product Design Engineering
Public Health Science