The Swedish Parliament has decided that students from outside the EU/EEA area have to pay application and tuition fees for studying in Sweden.
Students liable for tuition fees:
- Students from countries outside the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA)
- Students studying at a basic (bachelor) or advanced (master) level
- Students who commence their studies autumn 2011 or later
Students not liable for tuition fees:
- Students from countries inside the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA)
- Students studying at research level (PhD)
- Exchange students (regardless of origin)
- Students continuing studies initiated prior to July 2011
Most international students are also liable to pay an application fee. More information regarding this matter can be found at universityadmissions.se.
The University of Skövde offers scholarships to master students that cover 50% of the tuition fee.
The University of Skövde has tuition fees in two price brackets for study programmes (per academic year – 60 ECTS). These are the fees for the academic year 2017-18:
- Programmes in price bracket 1 (P1): 90,000 SEK (per academic year – 60 ECTS)
- Programmes in price bracket 2 (P2): 130,000 SEK (per academic year – 60 ECTS)
The tuition fees for separate courses are also divided into two price brackets (per one ECTS credit):
- Courses in price bracket 1 (C1): 2,000 SEK (per credit)
- Courses in price bracket 2 (C2): 2,500 SEK (per credit)
Humanities, Law, Social Science, and Teaching/Education belong to price bracket 1.
Life Science, Technology, Medicine, Health Science, and Design belong to price bracket 2.
Disciplinary domains and subjects
- Subjects (fields of study) are assigned to disciplinary domains according to the University procedural document List of subjects and main fields of study (currently only available in Swedish, although the necessary information regarding price brackets is also presented below).
- Study programmes are assigned to disciplinary domains by the subject (i.e. a field of study or major).
- Courses are assigned to disciplinary domains in the course description (i.e. not to a subject).
Subjects by price brackets
|Price bracket 1 (P1 and C1)||Price bracket 2 (P2 and C2)|
Social Science in School
Information Systems Development
Media Arts, Aesthetics and Narration
Product Design Engineering
Public Health Science