Bioinformatics - Research Process A1F, 7,5 credits, BI730A
The course deals with the current research in bioinformatics and addresses the issue of how research and development is done.
In seminar series, students will discuss the research process, research methods, scientific writing, as well as ethical issues connected to bioinformatics. The course will also enable students to train critical reviewing of scientific papers in bioinformatics, and also to write a project proposal.
The course is preparing the students for dissertation, but it is also suitable for students with interest in bioinformatics.
- Course coordinator: Zelmina Lubovac
- Examiner: Angelica Lindlöf
- Application code: HS-E7056
- Prerequisites: Prerequisite courses for this course are: Passed courses: BI716A-Bioinformatics Concepts and Methods A1F and BI118G Bioinformatic Analysis with Perl G1N. In addition, approved courses corresponding to 7.5 credits in the subject group biology and medicine at advanced level are required (or the equivalent).
- Course plan with course literature: Course plan in English, Course plan in Swedish
- Start semester: spring -20
- Pace of study: 50%
- Start week - end week: w.14 - w.23
- When: Day
- Language: The teaching is conducted in English.
- Place: Skövde
- Course code: BI730A
- Course type
- Mode of teaching Campus