Bioinformatics Analysis with R A1N, 7,5 credits, BI731A
A continuing challenge within bioinformatics is to integrate and analyze large amounts of data from different large-scale experiments (for example proteomics, genomics and metabolomics). This course introduces the programming language R to efficiently solve various bioinformatics problems.
You will learn the basics in R such as data types, functions, statistics and visualization, and in an advanced way apply the knowledge on various types of data. We examine how the experimental design can influence results and introduce various normalization methods. Within bioinformatics, R can be applied in many ways from identification of new cancer specific genes to analyze metabolite changes caused by drug treatment.
- Course coordinator: Jane Synnergren
- Examiner: Benjamin Ulfenborg
- Application code: HS-E6061
- Prerequisites: The prerequisites for this course are 90 Higher education credits which must be courses within natural science, medicin or computer science. Among these Higher education credits, at least 15 must be advanced level (G2 level).
- Course plan with course literature: Course plan in English, Course plan in Swedish
- Start semester: spring -20
- Pace of study: 50%
- Start week - end week: w.14 - w.23
- When: Day
- Language: The teaching is conducted in English.
- Place: Skövde
- Course code: BI731A
- Course type
- Mode of teaching Campus