Bachelor Degree Project in Product Design Engineering G2E, 30 credits, IP517G
The course is a final part of the program and aims at training the student in using and integrating acquired knowledge to solve engineering problems. The course shall further deepen the student's knowledge in the subject area and provide skills and practice in organizing, planning and carrying out technical projects. In addition, the course aims at practicing the student's ability in oral and written communication.
Students will propose and independently plan, delimit, and carry out a technical task with a clear connection to the main subject area. The work shall, if possibly, be carried out in collaboration with industry. The thesis work is guided by a project description prepared by the student in collaboration with the client and the University. The project description must be approved by the examiner before the work begins.
- Course coordinator: Erik Brolin, Dan Högberg
- Examiner: Anna Brolin, Erik Brolin, Peter Thorvald, Ari Kolbeinsson, Lennart Ljungberg, Ulrica Bohné, Dan Högberg
- Application code: HS-E5078
- Prerequisites: The prerequisites for this course are a total of 120 credits passed courses, of which 30 credits in product design engineering and 15 credits in mechanical engineering. The participation on at least one course in product design engineering on G2F level is required. A further requirement is passed courses of 12 credits in mathematics and passed courses IP331G Engineering Project II: Design G1F and BV315G Sustainable Development for Engineers II G1F (or equivalent).
- Course plan with course literature: Course plan in English, Course plan in Swedish
- Start semester: spring -20
- Pace of study: 100%
- Start week - end week: w.04 - w.23
- When: Day
- Language: The teaching is conducted in English.
- Place: Skövde
- Course code: IP517G
- Course type
- Mode of teaching Campus