Business Intelligence - Data-Driven Organisations A1N, 7,5 credits, IT746A
Becoming a data-driven organisation is a vision for several organisations. It has been frequently mentioned in the literature that data-driven organisations are likely to be more successful than organisations that mostly make decisions on gut feeling. However, few organisations make a successful shift to become data-driven, due to a number of different types of barriers.
This course introduces what is meant by a data-driven organisation and how it is related to business intelligence. Furthermore, each student conducts an individual investigation within the area of data-driven organisations.
- Course coordinator: Mikael Berndtsson
- Examiner: Manfred Jeusfeld
- Application code: HS-E6176
- Prerequisites: A Bachelor degree of at least 180 higher education credits (equivalent to 180 ECTS). A further requirement is proof of skills in English equivalent of studies at upper secondary level in Sweden, known as English course 6 / English course B. This is normally demonstrated by means of an internationally recognized test, e g IELTS, TOEFL or the equivalent.
- Course plan with course literature: Course plan in English, Course plan in Swedish
- Start semester: autumn -19
- Pace of study: 25%
- Start week - end week: w.36 - w.03
- When: Flexible
- Language: The teaching is conducted in English.
- Place: Flexibel
- Course code: IT746A
- Implementing: Kursen genomförs utan obligatoriska träffar på campus. Undervisningen stöds av informations- och kommunikationssystem. Kursmaterial är tillgängligt via lärplattformen i Studentportalen.
- Course type
- Mode of teaching Distance