Business Intelligence - Data-Driven Organisations A1N, 7,5 credits, IT746A
Nowadays many organisations turn to Business Intelligence and analytics in order to stay competitive.Its often claimed in literature that an organisation-wide data-driven culture needs to be established in order to exploit the full potential of advanced analytics (predictive- and prescriptive analytics).
A data-driven culture is characterized by a decision process that emphasise testing and experimentation, where data outweighs opinions, and where failure is accepted – as long as something is learnt from it. Organisations adopting a data-driven approach have opportunities to improve their business, and outperform other organisations.
The course includes both theory and practice, regarding what is meant by a data-driven culture and how it is related to Business Intelligence.
- Course coordinator: Mikael Berndtsson
- Examiner: Mattias Strand
- Application code: HS-E6176
- Prerequisites: A Bachelor degree of at least 180 higher education credits (equivalent to 180 ECTS). A further requirement is proof of skills in English equivalent of studies at upper secondary level in Sweden, known as English course 6 / English course B. This is normally demonstrated by means of an internationally recognized test, e g IELTS, TOEFL or the equivalent.
- Course plan with course literature: Course plan in English, Course plan in Swedish
- Start semester: autumn -19
- Pace of study: 25%
- Start week - end week: w.36 - w.03
- When: Flexible
- Language: The teaching is conducted in English.
- Place: Flexibel
- Course code: IT746A
- Implementing: Kursen genomförs utan obligatoriska träffar på campus. Undervisningen stöds av informations- och kommunikationssystem. Kursmaterial är tillgängligt via lärplattformen i Studentportalen.
- Course type
- Mode of teaching Distance