Evaluation Methods in Human-Robot Interaction A1F, 7,5 credits, IT758A
When social and other kinds of collaborative robots enter a commercial market and begin to being used by non-expert users, we identify the need to carefully design for and systematically evaluate the users’ perspective of the interaction with the robot, in much a similar way that is nowadays a fundamental part of the development of e.g. personal computers and mobile phones. It is vital to make proper decisions concerning which experiences and factors to focus on based upon a firm understanding of the intended user groups, their needs, and the usage context. In this course you will learn how to taking a user-centered view, comprising systematic evaluation of the quality of the human-robot interaction, is of major concern in order for robot technology to provide long-term added value to people’s lives. The course provides in-depth theoretical knowledge of and practical skills in various kinds of user- centered approaches and methods for evaluating different aspects of human-robot interaction. As a student, you will also plan, implement and report a detailed evaluation of human-robot interaction based on a usercentred perspective. The course also focuses on research ethics, sustainability and gender equality issues in regard to evaluation of various forms of human-robot interaction.
- Course coordinator: Beatrice Alenljung
- Examiner: Jessica Lindblom
- Application code: HS-87045
- Prerequisites: Prerequisite courses for this course are: Passed courses: IT757A-Introduction to Human-Robot Interaction - Different Perspectives A1N.
- Course plan with course literature: Course plan in English, Course plan in Swedish
- Start semester: autumn -19
- Pace of study: 50%
- Start week - end week: w.45 - w.03
- When: Day
- Language: The teaching is conducted in English.
- Place: Skövde
- Course code: IT758A
- Course type Programme course
- Mode of teaching Campus