Basic Chemistry G1N, 15 credits, KE117G
The course provides knowledge in basic chemistry from a bioscientific perspective where the basic chemistry is used to describe and explain biochemical reactions and structures of biomolecules. The theoretical knowledge will be applied on chemical and mathematical problems. The knowledge will also be applied on laboratory sessions. The course forms a basis for upcoming courses in biochemistry, molecular biology and biomedicine.
- Course coordinator: Patric Nilsson
- Examiner: Mikael Ejdebäck
- Application code: HS-E1405
- Prerequisites: The special prerequisites for this programme, besides basic eligibility for university studies, are the following upper secondary school courses Mathematics B, Science studies B, Civics A, English B or Mathematics 2a / 2b / 2c, Science studies 2, Civics 1b /1a1 +1a2, English 6. The corresponding English proficiency can normally be shown by an internationally recognized language tests, such as IELTS or TOEFL (or equivalent).
- Course plan with course literature: Course plan in English, Course plan in Swedish
- Start semester: autumn -19
- Pace of study: 50%
- Start week - end week: w.36 - w.03
- When: Day
- Language: The teaching is conducted in English.
- Place: Skövde
- Course code: KE117G
- Course type
- Mode of teaching Campus