Altered States of Consciousness G1N, 7,5 credits, KU134G
This course includes lectures on theory and research on altered states of consciousness (ASCs). Areas specifically studied are sleeping, dreaming, hypnosis, pharmacologically induced ASCs, out-of-body and near-death experiences, and meditation. You will do exercises on standardized methods of hypnotic induction and suggestion, and learn how to conduct a literature search using scientific databases. After the course you will understand the role of ASCs in the scientific study of consciousness. In addition, through course exercises, you will have acquired practical experience in finding scientific literature on relevant topics .
- Course coordinator: Sakari Kallio
- Examiner: Katja Valli
- Application code: HS-E1323
- Prerequisites: General requirements for university studies (or the equivalent).
- Course plan with course literature: Course plan in English, Course plan in Swedish
- Start semester: spring -20
- Pace of study: 100%
- Start week - end week: w.19 - w.23
- When: Day
- Language: The teaching is conducted in English.
- Place: Skövde
- Course code: KU134G
- Course type
- Mode of teaching Campus