Molecular Diagnostics and Biomarkers G2F, 7,5 credits, MB525G
During the course, the student will gain knowledge about the use of biomarkers as diagnostic and prognostic tools, use of biomarkers in the development of new pharmaceutical drugs, and how biomarkers can be used in environmental monitoring.
The student will learn different multivariate statistical methods as well as molecular experimental techniques to identify and verify biomarkers. The course also gives the student an opportunity to study some applications where biomarkers are commonly used.
- Course coordinator: Andreas Tilevik
- Examiner: Diana Tilevik
- Application code: HS-E4122
- Prerequisites: The prerequisites for this course are passed courses: MB130G-Cell Biology G1N 7.5 credits and BM124G-Genetics G1N 7.5 credits and BV302G-Method and Design in Life Science G1F 7.5 credits and MB132G Microbiology G1N 7.5 credits. A further requirement is 60 credits in molecular biology, biologi or biomedicine (or the equivalent).
- Course plan with course literature: Course plan in English, Course plan in Swedish
- Start semester: spring -20
- Pace of study: 50%
- Start week - end week: w.04 - w.13
- When: Day
- Language: The teaching is conducted in English.
- Place: Skövde
- Course code: MB525G
- Course type
- Mode of teaching Campus