Experimental Sound Environments G1F, 15 credits, ME358G
The Experimental Sound Environments course is aimed at those who want to work on experimental methods to create interesting audio worlds and experimental compositions.
In the course you will learn about sound creation grounded in the tradition of contemporary music, such as musique concrète, sound art, minimalism, aleatoric music and electroacoustic music. With the help of different experimental methods and techniques, you create dynamic live performances, an installation or a multimedia piece.
In the course, sound perception and listening are highlighted in different stages. You also get a historical overview of different methods used by composers as well as sound artists from the early 20th century until today.
- Course coordinator: Lars Bröndum
- Examiner: Anders Sjölin
- Application code: HS-E2292
- Prerequisites: Prerequisite courses for this course are: Passed courses: ME325G-Digital Sound Design for Computer Games G1F or MU320G-Music / Theory and Practice II G1F (or the equivalent).
- Course plan with course literature: Course plan in English, Course plan in Swedish
- Start semester: autumn -19
- Pace of study: 100%
- Start week - end week: w.36 - w.44
- When: Day
- Language: The teaching is conducted in English.
- Place: Skövde
- Course code: ME358G
- Course type
- Mode of teaching Campus