Applied FEM II G2F, 6 credits, MT510G
The course focuses on the practical application of the finite element method (FEM) and, to a large extent, omits the underlying theory.
Students perform stress analyzes, buckling analyzes and modal analyzes using commercial FE software. FE analyzes are performed with the element types: two- and three-dimensional solid elements, beam elements, and shell elements, where applications and capabilities of these element types are discussed.
The course deals with nonlinear FE analysis of the types: plasticity problems, contact analysis and nonlinear geometry analyzes. Error sources such as discretization errors, modeling errors and convergence problems are addressed.
- Course coordinator: Daniel Svensson
- Examiner: Tobias Andersson
- Application code: HS-E4187
- Prerequisites: Prerequisite courses for this course are: passed MT345G-Strength of Materials II G1F and MT347G-Strength of Materials III G1F and passed MT346G-Applied FEM I G1F and MT351G-Mechanics IV G1F and MT348G-Engineering Project II: Machine G1F (or the equivalent).
- Course plan with course literature: Course plan in English, Course plan in Swedish
- Start semester: autumn -19
- Pace of study: 50%
- Start week - end week: w.48 - w.03
- When: Day
- Language: The teaching is conducted in English.
- Place: Skövde
- Course code: MT510G
- Course type
- Mode of teaching Campus