Biomarkers - Data Analysis A1F, 7,5 credits, SY758A
The course focuses on different tools applicable to large-scale data in the context of identification and verification of biomarkers in different disease areas, drug toxicity screening or environmental health.
The course also involves an individual project where student is given the opportunity to focus on a specific set of tools used in systems biology to identify and verify a set of biomarkers. The project is examined by a written assignment and an oral presentation.
- Course coordinator: Patric Nilsson
- Examiner: Magnus Fagerlind
- Application code: HS-E7069
- Prerequisites: Prerequisite courses for this course are: passed SY763A-Experimental Design and Data Analysis for Life Science A1N and passed BV705A-Biomarkers in Molecular Medicine A1N and attended SY765A-Systems Biology A1F and attended BI731A-Bioinformatics Analysis with R A1N (or the equivalent).
- Course plan with course literature: Course plan in English, Course plan in Swedish
- Start semester: spring -20
- Pace of study: 50%
- Start week - end week: w.14 - w.23
- When: Day
- Language: The teaching is conducted in English.
- Place: Skövde
- Course code: SY758A
- Course type
- Mode of teaching Campus