School of Engineering Science
My research interest is mainly but not limited to the following fields: process improvement, innovation, decision support, Lean, Discrete Event Simulation (DES) and Multi-Objective Optimization for healthcare and manufacturing systems.
I am/have been involved in the following research projects:
- 2018-2019 God och nära vård en primärvårdsreform
- 2017-2018 Produktion av nästa generations drivlinor i Sverige (Production of next generation drivlines in Sweden). More info.
- 2012-2016 SimMOLN: Simulation-based Multi-objective Optimization for Lean production and logistic Networks.
- 2011-2015 Emergency Department and Operation Theatres Modelling and Optimization.
- 2012-2016 EASY: Energy-Aware Feeding Systems. More info.
- 2009-2011 LLA: Lean Learning Academy.
I am/have been involved as lecturer and/or course responsible in the following courses:
- 2019 Possibilities and benefits of simulation for decision support, 4hp, VP724A
- 2019 Sustainable development and innovation, 6hp, VP715A
- 2011-2012 Methods Engineering, 7,5hp, AU512G
- 2012 Manufacturing and production technology, 7,5hp, AU116G
I am/have been the examiner of the following courses:
- 2019 Engineering project II, 9hp, PR309G
- 2019 Industrial project management for automation engineering, 7.5hp, PR301G
- 2019 Production and flow simulation for technicians, 6hp, PR016G
- 2019 Production and logistic simulation I, 3hp, PR311G
Additionally, I have supervised several final year projects in bachelor and master programmes.
- 2015 and 2017 Member of the Steering committee for research education
- 2015-2017 Member of the Ph.D. student council
- 2011-2016 Coordination of Erasmus and Erasmus Mundus engineering students coming from spanish-speaking countries.
- 2011-2016 Coordination of the relationship with Spanish universities within the engineering field.
Bringing together Lean and simulation: a comprehensive reviewGoienetxea Ainhoa, Ng Amos H.C., Urenda Moris MatíasInternational Journal of Production Research, 2019.
Bringing Together Lean, Simulation and Optimization: Defining a framework to support decision-making in system design and improvement
Goienetxea Uriarte AinhoaDoktorsavhandling: University of Skövde, 2019. [Full text]
Introducing simulation and optimization in the Lean continuous improvement standards in an automotive company
Goienetxea Uriarte Ainhoa, Sellgren Tommy, Ng Amos H. C. et al.Proceedings of the Winter Simulation Conference, Gothenburg, December 9-12, 2018 (3352-3363). Piscataway, New Jersey: IEEE, 2019.
Bringing together Lean, simulation and optimization in a framework for system design and improvementGoienetxea Uriarte AinhoaProceedings of the Winter Simulation Conference, Gothenburg, 9-12 December, 2018 (4132-4133). Piscataway, New Jersey: IEEE, 2018.
Supporting the lean journey with simulation and optimization in the context of Industry 4.0
Goienetxea Uriarte Ainhoa, Ng Amos H. C., Urenda Moris MatíasProcedia Manufacturing, 2018, 25, 586-593.
How can decision makers be supported in the improvement of an emergency department?: A simulation, optimization and data mining approachGoienetxea Uriarte Ainhoa, Ruiz Zúñiga Enrique, Urenda Moris Matías et al.Operations Research for Health Care, 2017, 15, 102-122.
Improving the Material Flow of a Manufacturing Company via Lean, Simulation and Optimization
Goienetxea Uriarte Ainhoa, Ng Amos H. C., Ruiz Zúñiga Enrique et al.Proceedings of the International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, IEEM2017 (1245-1250). IEEE, 2017.
Lean, Simulation and Optimization: A maturity model
Goienetxea Uriarte Ainhoa, Ng Amos H. C., Urenda Moris Matias et al.Proceedings of the International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, IEEM2017 (1310-1315). IEEE, 2017.
Lean, Simulation and Optimization: A Win-Win combinationGoienetxea Uriarte Ainhoa, Urenda Moris Matías, Ng Amos H. C. et al.Proceedings of the 2015 Winter Simulation Conference (2227-2238). Piscataway, New Jersey: IEEE Computer Society, 2016.
System design and improvement of an emergency department using Simulation-Based Multi-Objective OptimizationGoienetxea Uriarte Ainhoa, Ruiz Zúñiga Enrique, Urenda Moris Matías et al.Journal of Physics, Conference Series, 2015, 616(1).