Anna-Sofia Alklind Taylor
School of Informatics
PhD in informatics
I have a background in cognitie science and teach user experience design (UXD). My research is, in short, about serious gaming, i.e. using computer games for other purposes than purely entertainment (e.g. training, education, rehabilitation, eSports). Additional academic interests are, among others, affective computing, animal cognition, interface and interaction design.
- Affective interaction and emotion (lecturer and examiner)
- Bachelor degree project in user experience design (supervisor)
- Master degree project in informatics with a specialisation in serious games (supervisor and examiner)
- User Experience Design - Research and Development (lecturer and supervisor)
- Member of SweCog, Swedish Cognitive Science Society
- Member of Interaction Lab, a research group at the University of Skövde
- Member of Media, Technology and Culture (MTEC), a research group at the University of Skövde
- Part of Sweden Game Arena
Current research projects
- The future of e-sports
Previous research projects
- Games as establishment tools
- Mobile game for confirmation studies
- Pre-study on the spectator experience of e-sports, a project partly funded by Västra Götalandsregionen (VGR).
- Games and simulators for military training, a PhD project conducted at the Land Warfare Centre.
- Games and simulators for incident commander training, a project funded by the Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency.
- Games in stroke rehabilitation, a project in collaboration with .
- Doctor of Philosophy, Informatics, University of Skövde, Sweden
- Licentiate of Science, Information Technology, University of Örebro, Sweden
- Master of Science, Psychology, University of Exeter, UK
- Bachelor of Science, Cognitive Science, University of Skövde, Sweden
The Coaching Cycle: A Coaching-by-Gaming Approach in Serious GamesAlklind Taylor Anna-Sofia, Backlund Per, Niklasson LarsJournal Simulation & Gaming, 2012, 43(5), 648-672.
Vad gör en kognitionsvetare?
Hemeren Paul, Alklind Taylor Anna-SofiaKognitionsvetenskap (57-66). Lund: Studentlitteratur, 2012.
Coaching by Gaming: An Instructor Perspective of Game-based Vocational TrainingAlklind Taylor Anna-SofiaLicentiatavhandling: Örebro University, 2011.
Evaluation of usefulness of the Elinor console for home-based stroke rehabilitation
Backlund Per, Alklind Taylor Anna-Sofia, Engström Henrik et al.Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference in Games and Virtual Worlds for Serious Applications (VS-Games 2011) (98-103). IEEE Computer Society, 2011.
Letting the students create and the teacher play: Expanding the roles in serious gaming
Alklind Taylor Anna-Sofia, Backlund PerMindTrek '11: Proceedings of the 15th International Academic MindTrek Conference: Envisioning Future Media Environments (63-70). ACM Press, 2011.
Pedagogisk digital kompetens för nätbaserat lärande inom högskolan
Lindblom Jessica, Alklind Taylor Anna-Sofia, Rambusch Jana et al.Utbildning & Lärande, 2011, 5(1), 54-71.
Tactical Incident Commander - an Online Training Game for Incident Commander Training
Backlund Per, Alklind Taylor Anna-Sofia, Carlén Urban et al.Proceedings of the 5th European Conference on Game Based Learning (ECGBL 2011) (9-17). Academic Conferences Limited, 2011.
Facilitating coaching during game-based vocational trainingAlklind Taylor Anna-SofiaHuman-Computer Interaction conference, HCI 2010, Dundee, UK, 6-10 September, 2010. 2010.
Acceptance of Entertainment Systems in Stroke RehabilitationAlklind Taylor Anna-Sofia, Backlund Per, Engström Henrik et al.Proceedings of IADIS Game and Entertainment Technologies 2009 (GET 2009) (75-83). IADIS Press, 2009.
Gamers against All Odds
Alklind Taylor Anna-Sofia, Backlund Per, Engström Henrik et al.Learning by playing : game-based education system design and development : 4th International Conference on E-Learning and Games, Edutainment 2009, Banff, Canada, August 9-11, 2009 : proceedings (1-12). Springer Berlin/Heidelberg, 2009.