PICS Collaboration Platform
PICS (Privacy, Information Security, and CyberSecurity) is a platform for joint activities in the areas of Privacy, Information Security, and CyberSecurity at the University of Skövde.
A leading centre nationally and a recognized centre internationally in the comprehensive area of Privacy, Information Security and Cybersecurity. PICS is part of an innovation system performing excellent research and useful results in collaboration with academic and industrial partners. PICS strength is to combine expertise from the University of Skövde and its existing research teams and partners, to meet major research challenges and capture the big picture, rather than working in isolated groups.
Below, are some of PICS research themes
- Critical infrastructures
- Security in Internet of Things (IoT)
- Cyber operations/electronic warfare
- Laws, rules and standards
- Information Security Management
- Information Classification
- Risk Management
- Useful security/social information Security
- E-Health, patient privacy and patient safety
- Privacy by Design
- Big Data Privacy
- Crisis Management
Current projects and partners
- NORDeHEALTH - Nordic eHealth for Patients: Benchmarking and Developing for the Future, WP 5 Information security and Privacy perspectives (Nordforsk ID100477, 2021 - 2023)
Project mananager: Rose-Mharie Åhlfeldt
- Utveckling av beslutsstöd för användare i riskfyllda situationer online, Post och Telestyrelsen (PTS), Xenolith AB, 2020-2022. Projektledare: Joakim Kävrestad (in Swedish)
- Blockchain based Production and Distribution Controls of Smart Grids, 2021-2022.
Principal investigator: J. Ding
- CCRAAAFFFTING – Resilience & Critical infrastructure protection (MSB) 2016-2021. Project manager: Joeri van Laere
- Disclosure risk and transparency in big data privacy (VR 2016-03346) 2017-2021.
Principal investigator: V. Torra
- Information Security Program 2020 (VGR) 2018-2021.
Project manager: Rose-Mharie Åhlfeldt
- Creating Effective Situation Pictures by systematic work processes, The Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency, Police of Skaraborg, Community Protection Center of Mid-Skaraborg, Skövde Municipality, IP.1 , Embrace Safety, 2020-2021. Project mananager: Joeri van Laere
Past projects in PICS areas of Privacy, Information Security, and CyberSecurity.
- ELVIRA - Threat modeling and resilience of critical infrastructures (EU / ISF) 2017-2020. Project manager: Jianguo Ding.
- DISO – Data Protection and Information Security in organisations (Internprojekt, HIS) 2019-2020. Project manager: Rose-Mharie Åhlfeldt
- CBMT – ContextBased Micro Training (PTS) 2019-2020. Project manager: Marcus Nohlberg