The 1st International Software Testing Workshop (TestEd) will be held in Porto in October 2020. TestEd 2020 is the first workshop entirely focused on education in software testing—how to teach and learn software testing and how to get more software testing into the classrooms. TestEd will bring together researchers and practitioners who teach software testing to share and discuss their experience and best advice on how to bring more and better software testing education into courses.
More information and CFP is found at https://testedworkshop.github.io/
Employed at the University of Skövde since 2000. Got the students award for the best teacher at the school of Humanities and Informatics, Guldäpplet 2012. Currently teaching Software testing, Concurrent programming, Distributed systems, Scientific workshop and Software engineering experimentation, as well as being examiner and supervisor of final year projects at BSc and MSc level.
- From 2019 Birgitta is Director of the PhD education in Informatics
- Responsible for the topic Computer Science at BSc and MSc level (2005-2010)
- Since 2004 Birgitta has been the program coordinator for three study programs: Computer Science - Specialization in Systems Development,Web Development and System programming
- Course coordinator for the final year project in informatics (BSc), Concurrent programming (BSc), Cloud Computing (MSc), Software testing (BSc and MSc) and Distributed real-time systems (MSc)
- Other: Sofware Engineering (BSc), Scientific Theory (MSc), Embedded Systems (BSc), Research and Development (BSc)
- 2015 - present, research leader for the DRTS (Distributed Real-Time Systems) research group
- 2000 - present, senior member of the DRTS (Distributed Real-Time Systems) research group
- 2017-2020 ELVIRA (member). ELVIRA is a EU / ISF project focusing on protection of critical infrastructures, in particular the power grid system.
- 2013 - 2018, TOCSYC (program manager). TOCSYC is a SIDUS project sponsored by KKS (30 MSEK). TOCSYC is a joint effort together with Mälardalen University, Swedish Instititute of Computer Science, Blekinge Institute of Technology and Karlstad University to address testing of non-functional characteristics such as performance efficiency, robustness and testability.
- 2013 - 2015, PILOT (project leader). A NFFP6 project sponsored by Vinnova (3,25 MSEK)and Saab Aeronautics (3,25 MSEK). This problem addresses the problem of combining model-driven development with the metrics for software testing that should be used in safety-critical systems such as avionics.
- 2012 - 2013, TOCSYC. A SIDUS step 1 project sponsored by Vinnova (0,5 MSEK). This was a joint effort between four universities and one institute to prepare an application for SIDUS step 2.
- 2011 - 2013, Platform Independent Software Testing (project leader). A NFFP5 project sponsored by Vinnova (3,3 MSEK) and Saab Aeronautics (3,3 MSEK).
- 2000-2009, Testability in Dynamic Real-Time Systems (PhD student). An ARTES project in collaboration with Enea.
- Lindström, B. (2009), Testability of dynamic real-time systems, PhD thesis, Linköpings studies in science and technology, Dissertation No 1241, ISBN 978-91-7393-695-8.
- Y. Atif,
- B. Lindström, A. Márki (2018). On strong mutation and the theory of subsuming logic-based mutants. Software Testing, Verification and Reliability, 2019;29;e1667, Wiley. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/stvr.1667
- J. Ding, Y. Atif, S. F. Andler, B. Lindström and M. Jeusfeld (2017). CPS-based Threat Modeling for Critical Infrastructure Protection. SIGMETRICS Performance Evaluation, vol. 45, no. 2, pp 129-132. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3152042.3152080
- B. Lindström, J. Offutt, D. Sundmark, S.F. Andler and P. Pettersson (2017). Using Mutation to Design Tests for Aspect-Oriented Models, Journal of Information and Software Technology, Vol 81, pp 112-130, Elsevier. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.infsof.2016.04.007. pdf
- S.M.A. Shah, D. Sundmark, B. Lindström and S.F. Andler (2016), Robustness testing of embedded systems: An industrial interview study, IEEE Access, Vol. 4, pp 1859-1871. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2016.2544951 pdf
- M. Grindal, B. Lindström, J. Offutt, and S.F. Andler (2006), An Evaluation of Combination Strategies for Test Case Selection, Empirical Software Engineering, vol. 11, no. 4, pages 583-611. pdf
Conferences and Workshops
- J. Offutt, B. Lindström and K. Baral (2019) Teaching an International Distributed Discussion-Based Course.The 15th International Conference on Frontiers in Education: Computer Science and Computer Engineering (FECS), Las Vegas.
- L. Gonzalez-Hernandez, B. Lindström, J. Offutt, S. F. Andler, P. Potena and M. Bohlin (2018). Using Mutant Stubbornness to Create Minimal and Prioritized Test Sets, The 18th International Conference on Software Quality, Reliability, and Security (QRS), Lisbon.
- B. Lindström, J. Offutt, L. González-Hernández and S. F. Andler (2018). Identifying useful mutants to test time properties. The 2nd workshop on Testing Extra-Functional Properties and Quality Characteristics of Software Systems (ITEQS), Västerås.
- Y. Atif, J. Ding, B. Lindström, M. Jeusfeldt, S.F. Andler, Y. Jiang, C. Brax and P. Gustavsson (2017), Cyber-Threat Intelligence Architecture for Smart-Grid Critical Infrastructures Protection, The 12th International Conference on Critical Information Infrastructures Security (CRITIS), Lucca, Italy.
- J. Ding, Y. Atif, s.f. Andler, B. Lindström and M. Jeusfeldt (2017), CPS-based Threat Modeling for Critical Infrastructure Protection, the 1st ACM International workshop on Critical Infrastructure Network Security (CINS), in conjunction with ACM SIGMETRICS, USA.
- A. Márki and B. Lindström (2017), Mutation Tools for Java, 32nd ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC), Marrakech.
- B. Lisper, B. Lindström, P. Potena, M. Saadatmand and M. Bohlin (2017) Targeted Mutation: Efficient Mutation Analysis for Testing Non-Functional Properties, 1st Workshop on Testing Extra-Functional Properties and Quality Characteristics of Software Systems (ITEQS), Tokyo.
- B. Lindström and A. Márki (2016), On Strong Mutation and Subsuming Mutants, 11th Workshop on Mutation Analysis (MUTATION), Chicago. DOI: 10.1109/ICSTW.2016.28
- A. Eriksson and B. Lindström (2016), UML Associations: Reducing the Gap in Test Coverage Between Model and Code, in the 4th International Conference on Model-Driven Engineering and Software Development, (MODELSWARD),Rome. DOI: 10.5220/0005745205890599 Download pdf
- M.M. Hassan, W. Afzal, B. Lindström, S.M.A. Shah, S.F. Andler and M. Blom (2016), Testability and Software Performance: A Systematic Mapping Study, in the 31st ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (ACM SAC), Pisa. DOI: 10.1145/2851613.2851978
- B. Lindström, S. F. Andler, J. Offutt, P. Pettersson and D. Sundmark, (2015), Mutating Aspect-Oriented Models to Test Cross-Cutting Concerns, 10th Workshop on Mutation Analysis (MUTATION), Graz. DOI: 10.1109/ICSTW.2015.7107456
- J. Ding, B. Lindström, G. Mathiason, S.F. Andler (2015), Towards threat modeling for CPS-based critical infrastructure protection. The 22nd International Emergency Management Society (TIEMS) Annual Conference, Rome, Italy. pdf
- M.M. Hassan, W. Afzal, M. Blom, B. Lindström, S.F. Andler and S. Eldh (2015), Testability and Software Robustness: A Systematic Literature Review, in the 41st Euromicro Conference on Software Engineering and Advanced Applications, Funchal. DOI: 10.1109/SEAA.2015.47
- A. Eriksson, B. Lindström and J. Offutt (2013) Transformation Rules for Platform Independent Testing: An Empirical Study, in the 6th IEEE International Conference on Software Testing, Verification and Validation (ICST). DOI: 10.1109/ICST.2013.28
- A. Eriksson, B. Lindström, J. Offutt and S. F. Andler (2012) Model Transformation on Test Artifacts: An Empirical Study, in proceedings of the 9thworkshop on Model-Driven Engineering, Verification and Validation held in conjunction with ACM/IEEE 15th International Conference on Model-Driven Engineering Languages and Systems. DOI: 10.1145/2427376.2427378
- B. Lindström, J. Offutt and S.F. Andler (2008), Testability of dynamic real-time systems: An Empirical Study of Execution environment implications, In Proceedings of the 1st IEEE International Conference on Software Testing, Verification and Validation (ICST), pages 112- 120, Lillehammer, Norway, April 2008. DOI: 10.1109/ICST.2008.21
- B. Lindström, P. Pettersson and J. Offutt (2007), Generating Trace-Sets for Model-Based Testing, in Proceedings of the 18th International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering, pages 171-180, IEEE Computer Society, ISSN:1071-9458. DOI: 10.1109/ISSRE.2007.15
- B. Lindström and J. Mellin (2005), Work in Progress: Testability Experiments. In Proceedings of Real Time in Sweden 2005 (RTiS 2005), Special Session on Testing of Event-Triggered Real-Time Systems, pages. 101-106.
- B. Lindström, M. Grindal and J. Offutt (2004), Using an Existing Suite of Test Objects: Experience from a Testing Experiment, SIGSOFT Software Engineering Notes 29(5), pages 1-3.
- M. Grindal and B. Lindström (2002), Challenges in testing real-time systems. In 10th International Conference on Software Testing Analysis and Review (EuroSTAR'02), Edinburgh, Scotland, CD-ROM.
- B. Lindström, J. Mellin and S.F. Andler (2002), Testability of dynamic real-time systems, In 8th Int'l Conf on Real-Time Computing Systems and Applications (RTCSA 2002), pages 93-97, Tokyo, Japan.