The 1st International Software Testing Workshop (TestEd) will be held in Porto in October 2020. TestEd 2020 is the first workshop entirely focused on education in software testing—how to teach and learn software testing and how to get more software testing into the classrooms. TestEd will bring together researchers and practitioners who teach software testing to share and discuss their experience and best advice on how to bring more and better software testing education into courses.
More information and CFP is found at https://testedworkshop.github.io/
Employed at the University of Skövde since 2000. Got the students award for the best teacher at the school of Humanities and Informatics, Guldäpplet 2012. Currently teaching Software testing, Concurrent programming, Distributed systems, Scientific workshop and Software engineering experimentation, as well as being examiner and supervisor of final year projects at BSc and MSc level.
- From 2019 Birgitta is Director of the PhD education in Informatics
- Responsible for the topic Computer Science at BSc and MSc level (2005-2010)
- Since 2004 Birgitta has been the program coordinator for three study programs: Computer Science - Specialization in Systems Development,Web Development and System programming
- Course coordinator for the final year project in informatics (BSc), Concurrent programming (BSc), Cloud Computing (MSc), Software testing (BSc and MSc) and Distributed real-time systems (MSc)
- Other: Sofware Engineering (BSc), Scientific Theory (MSc), Embedded Systems (BSc), Research and Development (BSc)
- 2015 - present, research leader for the DRTS (Distributed Real-Time Systems) research group
- 2000 - present, senior member of the DRTS (Distributed Real-Time Systems) research group
- 2017-2020 ELVIRA (member). ELVIRA is a EU / ISF project focusing on protection of critical infrastructures, in particular the power grid system.
- 2013 - 2018, TOCSYC (program manager). TOCSYC is a SIDUS project sponsored by KKS (30 MSEK). TOCSYC is a joint effort together with Mälardalen University, Swedish Instititute of Computer Science, Blekinge Institute of Technology and Karlstad University to address testing of non-functional characteristics such as performance efficiency, robustness and testability.
- 2013 - 2015, PILOT (project leader). A NFFP6 project sponsored by Vinnova (3,25 MSEK)and Saab Aeronautics (3,25 MSEK). This problem addresses the problem of combining model-driven development with the metrics for software testing that should be used in safety-critical systems such as avionics.
- 2012 - 2013, TOCSYC. A SIDUS step 1 project sponsored by Vinnova (0,5 MSEK). This was a joint effort between four universities and one institute to prepare an application for SIDUS step 2.
- 2011 - 2013, Platform Independent Software Testing (project leader). A NFFP5 project sponsored by Vinnova (3,3 MSEK) and Saab Aeronautics (3,3 MSEK).
- 2000-2009, Testability in Dynamic Real-Time Systems (PhD student). An ARTES project in collaboration with Enea.
- Lindström, B. (2009), Testability of dynamic real-time systems, PhD thesis, Linköpings studies in science and technology, Dissertation No 1241, ISBN 978-91-7393-695-8.