All international students admitted to the University of Skövde are eligible to apply for accommodation through the University Accommodation Service.
Conditions for the rent
- Student accommodation is rented for the whole semester.
- You pay the first month’s rent as a holding deposit to secure your reservation and then the remaining rent must be paid before you receive access to your room.
- Once you have accepted the accommodation placement, the holding deposit must be paid. The payment deadline is 10 days from the day you receive your placement. The holding deposit for all housing is one month’s rent and is non-refundable. However, you will receive your deposit back when your contract ends and you move out, provided that your room is thoroughly cleaned and if everything is intact in your room.
- The remaining rent must be paid a week before your arrival day in order to collect your key.
- The contract period is for the whole semester and if you terminate the contract before the rental period is over, the rent is non-refundable.
- Student accommodation can only be rented through the Accommodation Service for the first academic year of studies. The maximum rental period for all students is two semesters.
- You need to apply for accommodation between March 15 to June 1 for the autumn semester and September 15 to November 15 for the spring semester.
- We recommend you to not accept your placement if you are not certain that you will receive your Resident Permit Visa. This mainly applies for fee-paying students.
Accommodation for families/couples
- Accommodation cannot be provided for couples or students with children since the Accommodation Service does not have access to suitable accommodation for couples or families.
- We recommend families and couples to apply for accommodation through local rental housing companies, on the municipal website. You can also contact Skövdebostäder.