Dongna's thoughts about Skövde
Where are you from?
– I come from Guangdong, China.
Why did you choose to study this programme?
– My bachelor background is Data Science. I have a great passion on IT area and very enjoy discovering and creating something new and interesting.
What is the biggest advantage of studying at a small school like the University of Skövde?
– The best feeling of that is our teachers know everyone well and they can give us personal suggestions to improve our professional skills. Fewer classmates also allow everyone to get to know each other better. If you are a social king/queen, it would be easy for you to make a group of international friends!
What did you know about Sweden before you moved here?
– Candy crash, Mine craft, H&M, IKEA, Spotify, Volvo etc.
What is your favorite thing about Skövde?
– Different cutie wild animals! As someone grows in a crowded and flourishing city, I rarely experience to embrace nature in the center of the city. I still remember how excited I was when I found a rabbit on the lawn in the school but my classmates told me it was very common and they are right.
What is the best thing about the University of Skövde?
– Personally, the study life here is not stressful and I have many times to think about what I want, including learning skills, future plan, hobbies, etc. I was used to live in a busy and tight schedule with assignments and courses and my life was pushed by many deadlines. When I began my study life here, I found that my full schedule became free suddenly and I needed to think about how to spend my life here and what I want to improve. In my spare time, I play some released games, watch movies which stayed in my list for a long time, and even try to draw something simple which is not "useful" for a programmer. My life may be not as "efficient" as it used to be, but I am more purposeful and happier now.
Describe your programme in three words.
– Creative, Friendly, Academic.
Feel free to contact Dongna with questions or thoughts!
Send an email to email@example.com