Najwa's thoughts about Skövde
Where do you come from originally?
– I was born in Spain, but my parents are from Morocco. So, I grow up in Spain with my parents in Moroccan culture.
How is it to study in Skövde?
– Studying at Skövde brings many opportunities to learn and prepare for work.
Why did you choose to study this program?
– Because the University of Málaga, where I was studying in Spain, has an agreement with the University of Skövde. We study to get a bachelor's degree at the University of Skövde. Also, many friends were here before me and recommended me to come because it was a really good experience for them.
What do you want to do for work in five years?
– I would like to work as an engineer, which is my domain.
What tips would you offer a new student?
– My tips are as follows:
- Choose well which program they want to study, something they like even if it is difficult.
- Profit from all the opportunities that the University brings.
- Meet new people from different countries and cultures.
- Ask for help whenever needed, and do not be ashamed of it.
What is the biggest advantage of studying at a small school like the University of Skövde?
– Even if it is small, it has everything that a student can need. An advantage is that the University can bring more attention to students as a big school may have more students, and it is more difficult to organize.
What did you know about Sweden before you moved here?
– First of all, the cold and dark weather. Also, people are quiet and calmer than, for example, in Spain. The good green views. That studying in Sweden gives more opportunities. Also, I heard that life is too expensive in Sweden.
What was the biggest surprise to you about being a student here?
– The good treat that people have with me.
How do you like the student accommodations?
– There are many options. It depends on the student and how they want their experience in Skövde. Xenia is a good option if they would like to have more fun. If they want diversity and know people from different countries with some parties, Perenius is the perfect one for them.
But another option for the more quiet, calm, and independent people, Norra, could be a good option.
What is your favorite thing about Skövde?
– The city is small and has everything a person can need. People can go by bike everywhere, and it is a really calm and beautiful city.
What do you do in your free time?
– I go out, and I walk to discover new places. Also, I like to travel and record myself to post videos on my Youtube channel. I love cooking and watching series. Also, I like riding a bike.
What is the best thing about the University of Skövde?
– The availability. It is open at any time for all the students with all the facilities.
What is your favorite course you have taken at the University of Skövde?
– Industrial Robotics and Offline Programming. It was an intense course, but I have learned a lot.
Describe your program in three words.
– Knowledge, Robotics and Automation, and Practice.
Feel free to contact Najwa with questions or thoughts!
Send an email to email@example.com