Education Committee for third-cycle studies in informatics
The role of the Education Committee for third-cycle (PhD) studies in informatics is to develop and coordinate PhD studies conducted by the School of Informatics (IIT) and the School of Engineering Science (ING).
The areas for which the Education Committee is responsible include the drawing up of course plans, the assessment and coordination of courses at PhD level, and the development of procedures and processes concerning third-cycle studies. The role also includes the overall quality assurance and quality development of PhD studies.
The Committee shall also collaborate with research schools at the University that have a connection to the educational programme. The Education Committee is led by the Subject Coordinator of PhD Studies (chairman) and the Director of PhD Studies (vice chairman) – both representing PhD studies in informatics. The Coordinator of PhD Studies is a member of the committee as secretarym administrator and general administrative support.
Education Committee for Third-Cycle Studies in Informatics includes the following members:
- Sunith Bandaru, Chairman and Subject Coordinator of PhD Studies
- Birgitta Lindström, Director of PhD Studies
- Per Backlund, Supervisor Representative, IIT
- Dan Högberg, Supervisor Representative, ING
- Carina Palmgren Karlsson, Coordinator of PhD Studies
- Sara Mahmoud, PhD Student Representative
Representatives for industrial research schools connected to the University's PhD studies:
- Gunnar Mathiason, Director of IPSI
- Beatrice Alenljung, Representative of INSiDR
- Anna Syberfeldt, Representative of Smart Industry Sweden
Director of PhD Studies
The role of a Director of PhD Studies is to provide support for the University's PhD students and to take responsibility for following up the third-cycle study programme (PhD studies).
The responsibilities of a Director of PhD Studies include:
- follow-up discussions with PhD students and their supervisors
- following up third-cycle study programmes by means of a local doctoral student survey
- managing any conflicts that may arise between PhD students and supervisors