The University's commitments
In order to provide third-cycle study courses and programmes within other subject fields, the University of Skövde works together with other universities, with which it signs collaboration agreements. The admitting university will be the degree-awarding body and will have formal responsibility for the student's individual study plan. At the same time, the University of Skövde is committed to providing supervision, access to the Director of Studies and, if this is included in the agreement, funding for the studies (e.g. by paying the doctoral student's salary).
Information for the Registry Officer
When an employee of the University of Skövde is enrolled in research studies at another university, the below information must be submitted to the Registry Officer for entry into the records:
- Confirmation of enrolment from the university in question
- Copy of any collaboration/cooperation agreement
Furthermore, certification of the approved degree (or confirmation of prematurely terminated research studies) shall also be submitted to the Registry Officer for entry into the records:
- Licentiate degree
- Doctoral degree
- Confirmation of prematurely terminated studies
Prior to the licentiate seminar or public defence
If the licentiate seminar/public defence is to be held at the University of Skövde, please observe the following points:
- By no later than three months before the desired date of the seminar/public defence, the licentiate seminar/public defence shall be advertised and a press release shall be initiated. Contact the research supervisor.
- By no later than ten weeks before the desired date, a room must be booked for the public defence.
Nailing-up and publication on DiVA
- By no later than three weeks before the desired date of the seminar/public defence, upload the digital version of the thesis on the University of Skövde’s DiVA system and submit two physical copies to the University library. For more information, see the page about Publishing on DiVA.
- It is also possible to nail up the thesis on a notice board located inside the entrance to the library.
- Find out more about nailing-up on the pages related to licentiate degrees and public defences.
In addition, the admitting university’s timescales and rules for examinations must also be observed.
Contact details for enquiries:
If you should have any questions concerning being a doctoral student at another university (or if questions arise during your PhD studies), please contact one of our Directors of Studies with responsibility for doctoral studies in collaboration with other universities.
Please note that the responsibilities of the Director of PhD Studies are divided according to school affiliation:
Katarina Ejeskär, Director of PhD Studies at the
- School of Health Sciences (IHV)
- School of Business (IHF)
Tomas Jonsson, Director of PhD Studies at the
- School of Bioscience (IBI)
- School of Engineering Science (ING)