The University of Skövde offers some scholarships to students who are attending a Master's programme at our University and are liable for tuition fees. If you are an exchange student, please contact your home university for information about which scholarships they provide.
This page contains information about 3 types of scholarship grants. Please read the information on the right column about categories 1 and 2 before you apply for a scholarship.
1. University of Skövde Scholarships - Scholarships for international master's students liable for tuition fees at the University of Skövde
The University of Skövde has some scholarships to students attending a master's programme at our University. The scholarships are tuition fee waivers of SEK 62 500 per year (50% of the tuition fee), and the amount will be deducted from the tuition fee when you receive the invoice. The scholarship granting criterion is academic merits. The scholarship can only be awarded to tuition paying students. Please note that you have to be able to finance the rest of the tuition fee yourself and to cover all the living expenses during your stay in Sweden.
How to apply for a scholarship at the University of Skövde:
- First apply for studies at University Admissions prior to applying for a scholarship at the University of Skövde. You must apply for one of our master’s programmes at the Swedish official online application service University Admissions.
- Then apply for a scholarship at the University of Skövde by filling in the online scholarship application form (for Category 2) available on this web page. Please note that you will need to provide us with the application number you will receive from the website University Admissions.
Deadline for the autumn semester 2014 (August intake):
Application period is open. Deadline: March 17th, 2014 (23:59 Sweden time)
Attention: If you are an existing student, unfortunately, you are not currently eligible to apply for a scholarship as all scholarships are awarded BEFORE a programme commences.
2. Swedish Institute Study Scholarships -Scholarships offered by the Swedish Institute
(Categories 1 and 2)
The Swedish Institute offers a range of scholarships for students coming to study in Sweden. For more information about SI's scholarships, please contact the Swedish Institute directly.
3. Scholarships for exchange students from the EU, EEA and Switzerland
If you are an exchange student, please contact your home university for information about which scholarships they provide. The University of Skövde is part of the Erasmus programme, which means that if the University of Skövde has a bilateral Erasmus agreement with your home institution you might be able to study here with an Erasmus grant. We encourage you to pursue this option since the Erasmus scholarships are often very generous.
University of Skövde Scholarships: The scholarship covers only 50% of the tuition fee.
Swedish Institute Study Scholarships: The scholarship is designed to cover living costs and tuition fee for the scholarship holder. - See more at: http://www.studyinsweden.se/Scholarships/SI-scholarships/The-Swedish-Institute-Study-Scholarships/The-Swedish-Institute-Study-Scholarships/#sthash.gQfkV4Yl.dpuf
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Kenia, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Myanmar (Burma), Rwanda, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe (Updated on January 22nd, 2014 in accordance with Regleringsbrev för budgetåret 2014 avseende Svenska institutet).
Students from Category 1 can only apply for the Scholarships offered by the Swedish Institute.
Category 2: Candidates with citizenship from countries on the DAC list of ODA recipients (except the countries listed on Category 1 and the other following exceptions: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Georgia, Kosovo, Moldova, Russia, Serbia, Turkey and Ukraine).
Students from Category 2 can apply to both the scholarships from the University of Skövde and the Swedish Institute.