Study places in the library
In the library there are different types of study places:
- Individual study places for reading and working with a private computer.
- Work stations with desktops.
- Study areas with sofas.
- Södra rummet (“The Southern room”) with computer work stations suitable for group work.
- Two small computer labs for work in pairs or in groups.
- A silent room with study tables.
- A silent room with lounge seating.
- Group study rooms of different sizes with whiteboards.
- Group study rooms with a large screen (where a computer or other mobile device can be connected).
- A resource room with two computers with software to support students with reading impairments.
The library’s group study rooms
There are sixteen group study rooms in the library, ten of which can be booked in advance in the booking system.
- The study rooms are designated for groups. Single users, don't forget our silent rooms.
- To make a reservation, you must use your university mail, e.g. email@example.com.
- The confirmation e-mail must be sent within 30 minutes of your reservation.
- Avoid using your full name as your nick name.
- Bookings are made on an hourly basis.
- You can only book three hours per day, and six hours per week.
- You can't book further ahead than two weeks.
- If a room is unused after 20 minutes, any group can claim the room for that hour.
- Please cancel your booking if you don’t need the room.
The wireless network, Eduroam, can be accessed at the University of Skövde. Instruction on how to connect your computer, smartphone or tablet can be found at the IT help pages. External visitors can get access to Wi-Fi by requesting a temporary guest account at the Information desk.
In the library there are a number of computers for use. Four of them are reserved for searching the library catalogue. There are also two computer labs, Bib202 and Bib203. The computer labs are available during the library's opening hours. There are 9 computers in each lab and seats for work in pairs. However, sometimes Bib202 is booked for library instruction.
Students and staff use their user accounts to login. External visitors are asked to contact the Information desk.
Print, copy and scan
There are three printers in the library. One at the ground floor, one next to the Study Support Centre to the left of the library entrance and one by the computer labs upstairs. Choose the FollowYou-printer and then go to a printer and log in with your username and password. The printers can also be used for photocopying and scanning.
More information about the printing system, for example how to print from your own computer and how to buy printquota can be found at the IT help pages.
The Study Support Centre
The Study Support Centre is located in the library. Here you can get support for writing academic texts, in the Swedish and English language. Opening hours and more information about the Study Support Centre.
Room for journals, newspapers and magazines
In the room for academic journals, newspapers and magazines on the entrance floor, there is also an area for studying.
The library is a workplace for university students and staff as well as for other visitors.
- Make sure that you are not disturbing other people by talking too loudly. Please set your mobile phone to silent mode.
- Library items must be handled carefully. It is not allowed to make notes and underline words in library books.
- Hot and cold non-alcoholic beverages and cold snacks are allowed in the library. For hot meals you must use student areas in other university buildings.
- Dispose your garbage in the recycling bins provided.
- The computers of the library may only be used according to the ethical rules of SUNET (in Swedish).
- Do not open the windows, this will affect the ventilation system.
Anyone who breaks the library rules or misbehaves may be suspended from the library.
The library, including the two computer labs and the Study Support Centre, is a work- and study environment for the university students, staff and other visitors. There are group study rooms, individual study places and a silent reading room to meet all different needs for study environments.