An exchange student is already enrolled at a university (home university) and would like to come to the University of Skövde as part of their studies. To be accepted as an exchange student at the University of Skövde, you must have completed at least one year of full-time studies by the time the semester in Skövde begins. Your home university, our partner university, also needs to nominate you for an exchange period and after the nomination you are welcome to apply for one or two semesters of exchange studies.
We describe the application process in major steps, so please remember to check with your International Coordinator at your home university for more detailed information.
- Make sure that your university has an agreement with us, talk to your International Coordinator. You can also find our different partner universities by using our search database Go Global. Ask your International Coordinator about the application procedures, admission requirements and the nomination process.
- Decide what courses you wish to study. Read more about the courses and ask your International Coordinator for help. Make sure that you apply to courses for the entire semester. In Sweden we define the weeks of the year by number. Therefore the period that a course is being offered is defined by first week when it starts (for current week, see weeknumber.net).
- After you have been nominated, please wait to hear from us before you start the course application process. Applications for exchange studies at the University of Skövde are submitted via the national Swedish university application service, universityadmissions.se. As an exchange student you need special instructions for this website, which we will give when we contact you.
The application instructions can also be found in our Application guide for University Admissions.
You need to submit the form English Proficiency Certificate (pdf) with your application.
- Application periods for exchange students at the University of Skövde:
March 15th-April 15th for the following autumn semester (or one academic year).
September 15th-October 15th for the following spring semester.
- You will find your admission results by logging in to your account at universityadmissions.se