1. Notification of selection results
2. Welcome email
Information from the University will be sent on the same day the admission results are published, to the email address you used at UniversityAdmissions.se. Please check your spam folder and contact us if you still have not received any email.
3. Pre-departure webinar
We will organise a pre-departure webinar, on 26 October, to help you to prepare before moving to Sweden. Check your welcome email for further information.
4. Tuition fee, first installment
Pay your first installment of the tuition fees if you are required to pay tuition fees in Sweden. You have to pay by the date stated on the invoice you receive from the university.
5. Residence permit for studies
Apply for a Residence permit for studies in Sweden, if you are a Non-EU/EEA student.
If you have not arranged for your accommodation already, you need to start now. Under Accommodation you will find information about how to find a place to stay.
7. Health Insurance
It is important that you have adequate Health Insurance before arriving in Sweden.
9. Conditionally admitted?
In case you have been conditionally admitted, please upload your documents on UniversityAdmissions.se as soon as you get them, so that your credentials are assessed when you arrive in Sweden.
10. Arrival Pick-up Service
Arrival/Pick-up Service normally takes you from the train station in Skövde to your accommodation in Skövde. Pick-up service will be provided during specific hours.
11. International introduction
The International introduction starts on January 13. During the introduction you will get more information about Skövde and the university. You will get to visit our different facilities and meet your fellows.
The First programme meeting (on January 18) is mandatory and will mark the official start of the academic year.
More information will be available in December.
12. Bank information
It is recommended that you use a debit card or a credit card from your home country that is internationally accepted (e.g. Visa, mastercard). Students with a residence permit in Sweden for 12 months or longer can open a bank account in any of the banks represented in Skövde.
13. Living costs
Living costs, such as food, accommodation, local transportation are about 9 000 SEK per month. The cost for tuition fee, literature and travel are not included. For more information check out Study in Sweden (studyinsweden.se).
14. Access cards/entry pass and library card
16. Learning platform Canvas
17. Zoom quick startup
Zoom quick startup:
- Prepare by watching (captions available in English) https://play.his.se/media/Introduktion+till+Zoom/0_f5njgnwu
- The University Zoom entrance is on this address http://his-se.zoom.us
- Sometimes it is relevant to click the button SSO (single sign on) to enter Zoom the correct way.
- The University company domain is his-se (with a dash!).
- When you login you should enter your student account, i. e. a21jesbe and password
- Find a help and support site at http://support.zoom.us
- Find a local helpsite http://www.his.se/helpit search for zoom
- Try a test meeting either with a friend or use http://zoom.us/test a place that is always open.
- Install Zoom on your computer http://zoom.us/download
- Install Zoom on your mobile
- We recommend you to login and make sure you get the paid licence. The free Zoom-account is OK, but limited. The University offer is for your convenience.