1. Notification of Selection 1
Notification of selection 1: results will be published on 11 December 2023 on Antagning.se.
2. Reply to offer, selection 1
The deadline to reply to your offer received in selection 1, is on 18 December 2023, on Antagning.se. It is mandatory to reply if you wish to keep your study place. You need to reply to your offer also for places on the waiting list.
3. Notification of selection 2
The notification of selection 2 will be published on 21 December 2023 on Antagning.se. No reply is required after selection 2.
4. Welcome emails
As soon as you are admitted to a course or programme at the University of Skövde, you will receive an email from us, one day or two after the Notification of Selection Results is published on Antagning.se. Information from the University will be sent to the email address you used at Antagning.se.
After the second Notification of Selection Results on 21 December, you will receive another email, a welcome letter. In this letter you can find important information to know as a newly admitted student. Please check your spam folder and contact us if you still have not received any email.
6. Activate your student account
Once you have been admitted to a course or a programme at the University of Skövde, you need to activate your student account. Please note that there is a delay before the account is available for activation – for example if you have received the Notification of selection results (admission letter) today at 10.00, you need to wait until the next day to activate your account.
The User account is used in order to gain access to the University’s different IT systems (such as the Studentportal, Learning platform and email).
Please follow some few steps to create and activate your account.
After you have activated your student account, please note that you still need to wait about 15 minutes before you can proceed with the registration.
Registration is mandatory. Registration for admitted students to a master’s programme in English is done through the Student Portal (Studentportalen). Log in to Studentportalen using your student account. Go to Course registration under My studies and follow the instructions.
Web-registration period for Spring semester 2024: 2-8 January 2024.
If you are conditionally admitted you have until the course/program starts to fulfill the requirements. You will be able to register once the requirements are met.
8. Conditionally admitted?
9. International Introduction
The International introduction starts on Wednesday 10 January, 2024. During the introduction you will get more information about Skövde and the university. Social activities will be offered to help you get to know other students.
The First Programme Meeting is mandatory and will mark the official start of the academic year.
10. Access cards/entry pass and library card
You will find your personal schedule in the Student Portal (Studentportalen) as soon as you register for your courses (login required).
12. Learning platform Canvas
After the registration for your programme you can log in to the learning platform Canvas (canvas.his.se) with your student account (activated in step 6).
Course homepages are published at the latest at the start of the course, it can vary between courses depending on the individual course's structure.
13. Zoom quick startup
Zoom quick startup:
- Prepare by watching (captions available in English) https://play.his.se/media/Introduktion+till+Zoom/0_f5njgnwu
- The University Zoom entrance is on this address http://his-se.zoom.us
- Sometimes it is relevant to click the button SSO (single sign on) to enter Zoom the correct way.
- The University company domain is his-se (with a dash!).
- When you login you should enter your student account, i. e. a21jesbe and password
- Find a help and support site at http://support.zoom.us
- Find a local helpsite http://www.his.se/helpit search for zoom
- Try a test meeting either with a friend or use http://zoom.us/test a place that is always open.
- Install Zoom on your computer http://zoom.us/download
- Install Zoom on your mobile
- We recommend you to login and make sure you get the paid license. The free Zoom-account is OK, but limited. The University offer is for your convenience.