1. Notification of Selection 1
Notification of selection 1: results will be published on 12 July on Antagning.se.
2. Reply to offer, selection 1
The deadline to reply to your offer received in selection 1, is on 21 July, on Antagning.se. It is mandatory to reply if you wish to keep your study place. You need to reply to your offer also for places on the waiting list.
3. Notification of selection 2
The notification of selection 2 will be published on 27 July on Antagning.se. No reply is required after selection 2.
4. Welcome emails
As soon as you are admitted to a course or programme at the University of Skövde, you will receive an email from us, one day or two after the Notification of Selection Results is published on Antagning.se. Information from the University will be sent to the email address you used at Antagning.se.
After the second Notification of Selection Results on 27 July, you will receive another email, a welcome letter. In this letter you can find important information to know as a newly admitted student. Please check your spam folder and contact us if you still have not received any email.
If you have not arranged for your accommodation already you need to start now.
However if you are a Swedish resident you cannot apply for student accommodation through the University. See further information on our Swedish Accommodation webpage "Studentbostad".
6. Activate your student account
Once you have been admitted to a course or a programme at the University of Skövde, you need to activate your student account. Please note that there is a delay before the account is available for activation – for example if you have received the Notification of selection results (admission letter) today at 10.00, you need to wait until the next day to activate your account.
The User account is used in order to gain access to the University’s different IT systems (such as the Studentportal, Learning platform and email)
There are a few ways to activate your account:
- Online with one of the options on at konto.his.se (only for students admitted through antagning.se)
- By visiting IT Helpdesk at the school. Remember to bring photo identification.
- If you cannot come to IT Helpdesk you can send an application. Fill out the account application, sign it and mail it to:
IT Services Office
User account application
S-541 28 Skövde Sweden
You can also scan the signed application and e-mail it to email@example.com.
After you have activated your student account, please note that you still need to wait about 15 minutes before you can proceed with the registration.
Registration is mandatory, please follow the instructions for students admitted via Antagning.se carefully.
If you are conditionally admitted you have until the course/program starts to fulfill the requirements. You will be able to register once the requirements are met.
8. Conditionally admitted?
If you have been conditionally admitted to a master's programme and have completed studies at Swedish universities, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org when your degree certificate has been awarded, no later than the start of the programme.
9. International Introduction
The International introduction starts on Monday 21 August, 2023. During the introduction you will get more information about Skövde and the university. Social activities will be offered to help you get to know other students.
The First Programme Meeting is mandatory and will mark the official start of the academic year.
10. Access cards/entry pass and library card
Access cards/entry pass and library card – information about on how to get both cards will be provided during the international introduction.
See Student Portal for entry pass and the Library for library card.
You will find your personal schedule in the Student Portal (Studentportalen) as soon as you register for your courses (login required).
You can also search for courses and programmes schedules via TimeEdit. Please see publishing of schedule periods under Schedule.
12. Learning platform Canvas
After the registration for your programme you can log in to the learning platform Canvas (canvas.his.se) with your student account (activated in step 6).
Course homepages are published at the latest at the start of the course, it can vary between courses depending on the individual course's structure.
13. Zoom quick startup
Zoom quick startup:
- Prepare by watching (captions available in English) https://play.his.se/media/Introduktion+till+Zoom/0_f5njgnwu
- The University Zoom entrance is on this address http://his-se.zoom.us
- Sometimes it is relevant to click the button SSO (single sign on) to enter Zoom the correct way.
- The University company domain is his-se (with a dash!).
- When you login you should enter your student account, i. e. a21jesbe and password
- Find a help and support site at http://support.zoom.us
- Find a local helpsite http://www.his.se/helpit search for zoom
- Try a test meeting either with a friend or use http://zoom.us/test a place that is always open.
- Install Zoom on your computer http://zoom.us/download
- Install Zoom on your mobile
- We recommend you to login and make sure you get the paid license. The free Zoom-account is OK, but limited. The University offer is for your convenience.