The scholarships are partial tuition fee waivers (50% of the tuition fee). If you are granted, the amount will be automatically deducted from the tuition fee when you receive your invoice.
The scholarship is granted for one academic semester, but it can be extended to subsequent academic semesters provided that the student's study results are satisfactory. The scholarship granting criterion is academic merit. The scholarships can only be awarded to tuition-paying students (external link).
Please note that you have to be able to finance the remainder of the tuition fee yourself, and to cover all the living expenses during your stay in Sweden.
N.B The scholarships are awarded prior to the commencement of a Master's programme. If you are already admitted or enrolled as a master's student at the University of Skövde, you are not currently eligible to apply for the University of Skövde Master's Scholarships.
How to apply
Apply for a master's programme at the University of Skövde via the website www.universityadmissions.se.
Record a 2-minute video explaining why you want to take the master's programme at the University of Skövde and how you are going to use the knowledge acquired during the programme.
Upload your 2-minute video to a website or cloud storage so that it can be viewed by our Scholarship Committee, for example upload your video on Youtube and mark it unlisted. Please note that we will not download any video. We must be able to view the video only with the link provided via the online scholarship application form.
Write a short motivation text telling us why you have chosen the master's programme at the University of Skövde. The motivation text has to be submitted via the scholarship application form.
Fill out the scholarship application form and submit it before the scholarship application deadline. You must fill out all required fields in the online application form. You must inform your application number (8-digit number) from www.universityadmissions.se. Fill out your motivation text into the appropriate field. Include the link to your 2-minute video (make sure that the link is complete and correct).
Citizens of a country outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland
- The criteria for awarding a scholarship are good academic merits, the motivation text and video. Criteria can also be other qualifications that are judged to be in line with educational or research areas as well as geographic location which the University of Skövde gives priority to in accordance with its internationalisation strategy.
- The master's programme must be delivered on campus.
- Generally students can only be awarded a University of Skövde Master's Scholarship if a master's programme at the University of Skövde is chosen as first priority on University Admissions.
- You must have completed the application to the programme meeting all deadlines for the master's first admission round. You must meet the entry requirements for the master's programme you applied to, pay the application fee and the supporting documents must have been received before the deadline defined by University Admissions.
Check the deadlines for the autumn and spring semesters at key dates and deadlines, at universityadmissions.se.
- You must fill out all required fields in the online application form. In your motivation text you must tell us why you have chosen the master's programme at the University of Skövde. Scholarship applications without a motivation text will not be considered.
- Attention: If you are already admitted or enrolled as a master's student at the University of Skövde, you are not currently eligible to apply for University od Skövde Masters Scholarships. These scholarships are awarded prior to the commencement of a master's programme.
- More information: Guidelines on the administration of scholarships for students required to pay tuition fees (pdf)
Documentation to be sent
No extra documents need to be sent. The Scholarship Committee will access the documentation you submit with your master's programme application on www.universityadmissions.se and the information submitted via the online scholarship application.
Spring 2022 intake
The scholarship application period for the spring 2022 admission round is open. The deadline for application will be on as on 1 September 2021 at 23:59 CEST. The scholarship results will be publish on our website on 22 October 2021.
Autumn 2021 intake
The application period for the autumn 2021 admission round is closed. The deadline for application was on 1 February 2021 at 23:59 CET. The results are already published.
Swedish Code of Statutes (SFS) No. 2010:718 - Ordinance on scholarships for students required to pay tuition fees (Department/Agency: Ministry of Education and Research, Sweden)