PhD in Computing Science, Docent in Computer Science, Interactive Knowledge Systems
Associate Professor (Biträdande professor) of Computer Science
Senior researcher at the Informatics Research Centre and
Skövde Artificial Intelligence Lab
- Project leader for BISON – Big Data Fusion. The project is a collaboration with Advectas, AstraZeneca, Huaweiand Takara Bio and is funded by The Knowledge Foundation (KK-stiftelsen) with 30 MSEK in total during 2015–2019. BISON involves 12 researchers at HS.
- Project leader for BIDAF – A Big Data Analytics Framework for a Smart Society. The project is a collaboration with SICS Swedish ICT (coordinator) and Halmstad University and is funded by The Knowledge Foundation (KK-stiftelsen) with 7.8 MSEK (29.5 MSEK in total) during 2015–2019. BIDAF involves six researchers at SAIL.
- Project leader for the Informatics theme within a research collaboration between the University of Skövde and the University of Borås. The theme is funded by Region Västra Götaland with 8.5 MSEK (13 MSEK in total) during 2016–2018 and consists of three joint research projects involving ~30 researchers.
- Project leader for HMI for Distributed Decision-Making. The project is coordinated by Saab Aeronautics and is funded by the Swedish Governmental Agency for Innovation Systems (VINNOVA) with 7.3 MSEK (15.5 MSEK in total) during 2013–2017 within the National Avionics Research Program (NFFP6).
- Project leader at University of Skövde for the HMI for Distributed Decision-Makingproject. The project is coordinated by Saab Aeronautics and is funded by VINNOVA with 7.3 MSEK during 2013–2017 within the NFFP6 research program.
- Project leader at University of Skövde for the Information Fusion for Decision Support and Human System Interaction in Future Flying Platforms project. The project is coordinated by Saab Aeronautics and is funded by VINNOVA with 8.35 MSEK during 2009–2013 within the NFFP5 research program.
- Former project leader for the Intelligence Fusion project. The project was funded by Saab AB and the RAP research school with 1.9 MSEK during 2008–2011.
- Former project leader at University of Skövde for the T4You – Improving the Electronic Health Record for Dental Care project. The project was funded by Region Västra Götaland with 1.13 MSEK during 2011.
- Former scenario leader for the Situation Awareness scenario within the Information Fusion research program. The SA scenario was funded by The Knowledge Foundation with 7.8 MSEK during 2006–2011.
- Former project leader for the Hypotheses and Visualization projects within the Information Fusion research program. The projects were funded by The Knowledge Foundation with 2.6 MSEK each during 2006–2011.
- Former project leader for the Pragmatic Patterns for Clinical Knowledge Management research project, which was funded by VINNOVA with 2.6 MSEK during 2006–2009.
- Main supervisor of research student Niclas Ståhl.
- Main supervisor of research student Rakesh Rana (associated from University of Limerick).
- Main supervisor of industrial research student Ulrika Ohlander (Saab AB, Linköping).
- Main supervisor of research students Rikard Laxhammar (Saab AB, Järfälla) and Tove Helldin.
- Co-supervisor of research student Tina Erlandsson (Saab AB, Linköping).
- Former main supervisor of research students Maria Riveiro, Ph.D. March 17, 2011, , Ph.D. December 1, 2010, and Marie Gustafsson, Ph.D. June 15, 2009.
Former co-supervisor of research students Christoffer Brax, Ph.D. September 19, 2011, (Chalmers University of Technology), Ph. licentiate June 9, 2011, and Anders Dahlbom, Ph.D. February 7, 2011.
Bae, J., Helldin, T., Riveiro, M., Ventocilla, E. and Falkman, G. (2017) Evaluating Multi-Attributes on Cause and Effect Relationship Visualization. Accepted for oral presentation and full paper publication at the 8th International Conference on Information Visualization Theory and Applications (IVAPP 2017), Porto, Portugal, 27 February–1 March, 2017.
Ohlander, U., Alfredson, J., Riveiro, M. and Falkman, G. (2016) A Teamwork Model For Fighter Pilots. In Harris, D. (Ed.) Engineering Psychology and Cognitive Ergonomics. Applications and Services, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 9736, pp 221–230. Springer International Publishing.
Ohlander, U., Alfredson, J., Riveiro, M. and Falkman, G. (2016) Elements of Team Effectiveness: A Qualitative Study with Pilots. In Proceedings of the IEEE 6th International Multi-Disciplinary Conference on Cognitive Methods in Situation Awareness and Decision Support (CogSIMA 2016), 21–27 March 2016, San Diego, USA, pp 14–20. IEEE Computer Society.
Helldin, T., Riveiro, R., Pashami, S., Falkman, G., Byttner, S. and Nowaczyk, S. (2016) Supporting Analytical Reasoning: A study from the automotive industry. In Yamamoto, S. (Ed.) Human Interface and the Management of Information: Applications and Services, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 9735, pp 20–31. Springer International Publishing.
Ohlander, U., Alfredson, J., Riveiro, M. and Falkman, G. (2016) User Participation in the Design of Cockpit Interfaces. In Advances in Ergonomics Modeling, Usability & Special Populations, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing 486, pp 51–58. Springer International Publishing.
IEEE Open Journal of Intelligent Transportation Systems
2022. Article, review. https://doi.org/10.1109/ojits.2022.3197296
ACM Computing Surveys
2020. Article. https://doi.org/10.1145/3340960
Information Processing and Management of Uncertainty in Knowledge-Based Systems: 18th International Conference, IPMU 2020, Lisbon, Portugal, June 15–19, 2020, Proceedings, Part I
2020. Conference paper. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-50146-4_41
Data science in Practice
2019. Chapter in book. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-97556-6_8
CEUR Workshop Proceedings
2019. Conference paper.
2019. Article. https://doi.org/10.1080/00140139.2019.1596319
Advances in Human Aspects of Transportation: Proceedings of the AHFE 2018 International Conference on Human Factors in Transportation, July 21–25, 2018, Loews Sapphire Falls Resort at Universal Studios, Orlando, Florida, USA
2019. Conference paper. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-93885-1_1
Journal of Chemical Information and Modeling
2019. Article. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jcim.9b00325
Practical Applications of Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, 12th International Conference
2019. Conference paper. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-98702-6_9
Applied Mathematical Modelling
2019. Article. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apm.2019.01.027