The Language Act states that Swedish is the main language in Sweden and that Swedish shall be used in public activities. The Swedish original text is therefore the text that is legally binding and thus takes precedence over an English translation.
The links on this site leads to the Governing documents translated into English so far. A complete list of the local Governing documents in Swedish is published at his.se.
Governing documents per area
Here you will find links to translations of laws and statutes that apply to higher education in Sweden.
Regulation of Swedish Higher Education Institutions
- The Swedish Higher Education Act
- The Higher Education Ordinance
- Application fees and tuition fees at higher education institutions (Ordinance)
- Contract Education at Higher Education Institutions (Ordinance)
- Responsibility for good research practice and the examination of research misconduct (Act)
- Students' Unions (Ordinance)
- The expulsion of students from higher education (Ordinance)
Regulation of Swedish Authorities
Strategies, Quality and Organisation
Here you will find links to translations of local governing documents that relate to overall strategies, quality assurance, organisation and some other areas.
Development Plan and Quality Assurance Procedures
- Development Plan for the University of Skövde “Our Vision: 2017 – 2022”
- Quality Policy for the University of Skövde
- Quality Assurance Procedures in Education (Guidelines)
- Quality Assurance Procedures in Research (Guidelines)
- Quality Assurance Procedures in Support and Management Services (Guidelines)
- Quality Assurance Procedures in University-Wide Managment and Governance (Guidelines)
First- and Second-Cycle Education
Here you will find links to translations of local governing documents that relate to first- and second-cycle education.
- Course Coordinator in First- and Second-Cycle Courses (Guidelines)
- Course Evaluations (Guidelines)
- Design of Course Syllabuses (Guidelines)
- Design of Programme Syllabuses (Guidelines)
- Six-Year Follow-Up of Subjects and Related Study Programmes in First- and Second-Cycle Education (Guidelines)
Examinations, Degree Projects and Qualifications
Here you will find links to translations of local governing documents that relate to third-cycle education.
- Admission Regulations at the University of Skövde – Regulations for admission to third-cycle studies
- General Syllabus for Third-Cycle Studies in Informatics (for PhD students admitted after 4 November 2019)
- Six-Year Follow-Up of Third-Cycle Subjects (Guidelines)
Examinations, Defence and Qualifications
- Tasks and Division of Responsibilities in Connection with Defence of Doctoral Thesis at the University of Skövde (Instructions)
- Tasks and Division of Responsibilities in Connection with Licentiate Seminar at the University of Skövde (Instructions)
- Local System of Qualifications at the University of Skövde
Disciplinary Measures and Withdrawal of Resources
- Withdrawal of Resources for Doctoral Students (Instructions)
Here you will find links to translations of local governing documents that relate to research.
Research Ethics and Research Data Management
- Annual Follow-Up of Research Projects (Guidelines)
- Computer use (guidelines)
- Policy for the management of personal information within scope of IdP (policy)
- General description of SAML2 WebSSO (definition)