We currently collaborate with:
- Arbetsförmedlingen (the Swedish Public Employment Service)
- Försäkringskassan (Swedish Social Insurance Agency)
- Havs- och vattenmyndigheten (Swedish Agency for Marine and Water Management)
- Länsstyrelsen (County Administrative Board of Västra Götaland)
An academic basis to unbiased information
Collaboration with government agencies is valuable in many ways.
– Academic anchoring is essential when we map forests; the forest owner needs to know they are getting neutral information, according to Peter Sögaard, project manager for the Västra Götaland Forest Programme.
Read full article: Mapping the importance of woodlands
An indicator for biodiversity
Researchers at the University of Skövde have developed an indicator for how well a given area is able to maintain healthy biodiversity. The indicator gives conservationists within the regional administrations and municipalities a practical tool with a sound scientific basis. It provides essential support for decisions around the best use of land and caretaking for the environment.
– With this tool, our research contributes to promoting and preserving biological diversity; or, better yet, that diversity increases, according to the university's Annie Jonsson.