Search results

    Search results

    Show all results for ""
    Can not find any results or suggestions for "."

    Search tips

    • Make sure there are no spelling errors
    • Try different search terms or synonyms
    • Narrow your search for more hits

    How can we help?

    Contact Us

    Find Employees

    University of Skövde, link to startpage

    Search results

      Search results

      Show all results for ""
      Can not find any results or suggestions for "."

      Search tips

      • Make sure there are no spelling errors
      • Try different search terms or synonyms
      • Narrow your search for more hits

      How can we help?

      Contact Us

      Find Employees

      University of Skövde, link to startpage

      Maria Snögren

      PhD Student Nursing
      School of Health Sciences
      Room G1606
      Phone 0500-448258 Working away from the office

      Maria Snögren is a doctoral student at the School of Health and Welfare, Jönköping University and employed at the University of Skövde. Maria's research concerns studying how a digital training module in oral health affects healthcare professionals' attitudes to and knowledge about oral health and older adults' experiences. Maria has previously published an article about younger stroke patients' experiences of activity, participation and environmental factors.

      Maria Snögren is a licensed nurse and specialist nurse in elderly care and has a master's degree in disability science. Maria has professional experience in neurological rehabilitation and municipal health and medical care such as home health care and special housing.

      Since June 2019, Maria has been enrolled as a doctoral student at the School of Health and Welfare at Jönköping University, employed by the University of Skövde and devotes 80 per cent of her working time to studies. The remaining 20 per cent teach Maria in nursing at the basic and advanced level nursing. Maria is a member of the research group IMPROVE at Jönköping University and the Research Group Well-being in long-term health problems at the University of Skövde.

      Research

      My research

      It is known that healthy older adults have better oral health today than before and more remaining teeth than previous generations. Nevertheless, it is common for oral health to occur when older adults become ill and move into special housing. Neglected oral health can, among other things, lead to impaired general health. Studies with the elderly confirm that oral health affects many aspects of life, such as life quality. It is possible to prevent ill health in the mouth with small efforts such as daily oral care. However, previous research shows that oral health is given low priority and that healthcare professionals demand education. Maria's project examines whether a digitalized training module in oral health affects the care staff's knowledge and attitudes in assessing, identifying abnormalities and caring for the oral cavity in the elderly. Maria's research also aims to investigate healthy older adults perceptions of what suitable oral health means and its impact on quality of life. The project is expected to provide new knowledge and opportunities for healthcare professionals so that they can retain competence in assessing oral health, propose measures and perform oral care and treatments for the older adults who live in special housing, and provide an in-depth description of healthy older adults's experiences of what good oral health is and its impact on quality of life. The results will be disseminated through scientific publications, conferences, and other forums where care staff working in special housing are located.

      2022

      Maria Snögren, Irene Eriksson, Maria Browall, Kristina Ek

      Nordic journal of nursing research

      2022. Article. https://doi.org/10.1177/20571585221124804 Open Access

      Maria Snögren, Amir H. Pakpour, Irene Eriksson, Malin Stensson, Kristina Ek, Maria Browall

      BMC Geriatrics

      2022. Article. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12877-022-03215-z Open Access

      2009

      July 2019 - July 2024 DHEAR
      Published: 1/9/2020
      Edited: 1/9/2020
      Responsible: webmaster@his.se