The University's commitments
In order to be able to conduct education at PhD level in other subject areas, the University of Skövde collaborates with other higher education institutions and signs collaboration agreements with them. The admitting university will be the degree-awarding body and will have formal responsibility for the student’s individual study plan. At the same time, the University of Skövde is committed to providing supervision and, if included in the agreement, funding for the studies (e.g. by paying the doctoral student’s salary).
Information for the Registry Officer
When an employee of the University of Skövde is admitted to PhD studies at another university, the below information must be submitted to the Registry Officer for entry into the records:
- Confirmation from the university concerned about admission to PhD studies
- Copy of any collaboration agreement
In addition, a certificate of approved degree or a decision on interrupted doctoral studies must be sent to the Registrar for record keeping:
- Licentiate degree
- Doctoral degree
- Confirmation of interruptions in PhD studies
Prior to the licentiate seminar or public defence
If the licentiate seminar/public defence is to be held at the University of Skövde, please observe the following points:
- By no later than three months before the desired date of the seminar/public defence, the licentiate seminar/public defence shall be advertised and a press release shall be initiated. Contact the research supervisor.
- By no later than ten weeks before the desired date, a room must be booked for the public defence.
Nailing-up and publication on DiVA
- By no later than three weeks before the desired date of the seminar/public defence, upload the digital version of the thesis on the University of Skövde’s DiVA system and submit two physical copies to the University library. For more information, see the page about Publishing on DiVA.
- It is also possible to nail up the thesis on a notice board located inside the entrance to the library.
- Find out more about nailing-up on the pages related to licentiate degrees and public defences.
In addition, the admitting university’s timescales and rules for examinations must also be observed.