The links on this site leads to the Governing documents translated into English so far (pdf format if nothing else stated).
Governing documents and guidelines for PhD studies
General syllabus - Informatics:
- General syllabus for PhD students admitted from 20 March 2023
- General syllabus for PhD students admitted between 4 November 2019 – 19 March 2023
- General syllabus for PhD students admitted between 12 June 2017 – 3 November 2019
- General syllabus for PhD students admitted between 13 June 2016 – 11 June 2017
- General syllabus for PhD students admitted between 6 May 2013 – 12 June 2016
The general syllabus for doctoral (third-cycle) studies describes the aim and objectives of the education, admission requirements, selection criteria, the organization and content of the education, and examination.
- Criteria Matrix for Third-Cycle Studies in Informatics
General syllabus - Health Sciences:
- General Syllabus for Third-Cycle Studies in Health Science (In Swedish: Allmän studieplan för utbildning på forskarnivå i ämnet hälsovetenskap)
Other governing documents:
- Admission Regulations at the University of Skövde – Regulations for admission to third-cycle studies
In this document you can read about the regulation of admission to doctoral (third-cycle) studies is reproduced (Högskoleförordningen, chapters 7, sections 34-41) and the local regulations in the area at the University of Skövde. The admission regulations include financing registration, admission requirements, as well as ranking and selection.
- Anställningsordning vid Högskolan i Skövde
The employment regulation includes, among other things, applicable regulations regarding the employment of doctoral students.
- Local System of Qualifications at the University of Skövde
This document describes regulations for degrees in education at the undergraduate, advanced and doctoral levels. The doctoral degree is described in Chapter 6.
- Examination in doctoral studies
The document describes examinations in doctoral (third-cycle) studies, which refers to all parts of the education.
- Supervision and study follow-up in doctoral (third-cycle) studies
- Withdrawal of resources for doctoral students
Instructions for dissertation and licentiate seminar
- Disputationer online vid Högskolan i Skövde
- Information to the opponent and members of the examining committee regarding the public defence of doctoral thesis at the University of Skövde - document removed due to outdated information. New coming soon...
- Printing and distribution of theses (his.se)
- Arvode och ersättningar till opponent, förhandsgranskare, betygsnämndsledamöter och examinatorer
- Uppgifter till ansökan för SINK (xlsx, kräver inloggning då blanketten finns på Medarbetarportalen)
- Checklist for licentiate seminar (licentiate thesis)
- Checklist for public defence (doctoral thesis)
Descriptions of assignments
- Coordinator of PhD Studies and PhD Studies Officer
- Director of PhD Studies
- Subject Coordinator in Third-Cycle Studies
- Curriculum Committee for Third-Cycle Studies
- Course Coordinator for Third-Cycle Course
- Examiner for Third-Cycle Course
Forms linked to PhD studies
The forms (docx) can be filled in digitally if the files are saved and opened without 'write protection'.
- Sv 4:6 Ansökan om examensbevis för doktorsexamen/licentiatexamen (pdf)
- En 5:1 Application for admission to doctoral (third cycle) studies – and admission certificate (docx)
- En 5:2 Individual study plan (ISP) for the PhD studies
- En 5:3 Application for change of supervisor (docx) (Ordinary form)
- En 5:3(x) Application for change of supervisor – Primary supervisor transition form (docx)
- En 5:4 Application and decision on licentiate seminar (docx)
- En 5:5 Application and decision on public defence of doctoral thesis (docx)
- En 5:6 Examination protocol for licentiate seminar (pdf)
- En 5:7 Examination protocol for public defense of doctoral thesis (pdf)
- En 5:8 Notification of interruption of doctoral studies (pdf)
- Sv 5:9 Ansökan om godkännande av individuellt åtagande (docx)
- Sv 5:10 Ansökan om tillgodoräknande av kurs läst vid annat lärosäte eller på annan utbildningsnivå (docx)
- En 5:11 Application for crediting of previous education or other merits (equivalent skills/prior learning) acquired prior to admission to PhD studies
Read about what counts as credit transfer and individual commitment in
Anvisningar om tillgodoräknande och individuellt åtagande inom forskarutbildning (Instructions on credit transfer and individual commitment within PhD studies)
- En 5:12 Protocol of planning seminar – research proposal
- En 5:13 Protocol of half-time seminar – thesis proposal
- En 5:14 Protocol of final seminar – thesis manuscript
- ISP (5:2) – examples of goal fulfillment (pdf)
- Kartläggning av nationella kvalitetskriterier (pdf) (Mapping of national quality criteria)
- Some Guidelines for doctoral dissertations at university of Skövde (informatics area) (pdf)
- Ersättning av tid till forskarstuderande vid arbete i högskoleövergripande organ (pdf) (Remuneration of time for doctoral students when working in university-wide bodies)