The research environment is an interdisciplinary one that, by integrating information on different levels of detail, seeks to understand how biological systems work. We develop and apply methods from bioinformatics and mathematical modelling in studies of complex biological systems, within the areas of molecular biology and theoretical ecology.
Our research environment should be...
...A place that attracts researchers both new and established along with research-oriented postgraduates. Our goal is to conduct research along the entire spectrum from basic research to applied, in close collaboration with the business community and with a high degree of national and international funding. We seek to develop the systems biology concept and apply it to new areas.
An internationally respected research institution
We seek to advance our research environment as a nationally leading and internationally respected research and research-oriented teaching environment within systems biology by:
- Establishing new collaborations at the national and international level.
- Expanding international publication.
- Participating in and organizing scientific conferences.
- Working actively in the wider research community on major joint applications for research funding and smaller, more specific applications.
- Enabling commercialization and wider use of research results through ongoing dialogue.
- Linking research initiatives to regional development.