Where: University of Crete, Gallos Campus, Rethymno, Crete, Greece
When: 5–9 February, 2024
Application deadline: 27 November, 2023
Objective: The INGENIUM Winter Senior School aims to provide students with an interdisciplinary approach to the Mediterranean product Carob as a test case of sustainability. Through lectures, workshops and hands-on activities, students will follow the complete sustainability pathway of the carob tree:
- Carob through History and its Ecocultural Landscape
- Biochemical structure of Carob (The Carob Genome/ Metabolites)
- Bioactive properties of the Carob
- Economics of the Carob: Value Chain and Economic Vulnerability
- Resilience and Social Sustainability Impact
- Innovation and Production
Through this Winter Senior School, students will develop skills of holistic approach, collaboration, and critical thinking. In the final session, students will be organised into groups and propose an entrepreneurial and innovative project around carob.
Eligibility: Participants must be PhD students or early career researchers from a diverse range of disciplines and backgrounds, e.g. biologists, chemists, economists, nutritionists, food scientists, product managers, social planners, computer scientists, data scientists, analysts, engineers, systems’ researchers, etc. Proficiency in English is required.
Selection criteria: In line with the objectives of the INGENIUM Alliance, the participation is open and highly encouraged to master, PhD students and early career researchers of any background.
Funding level: The travel grant, paid by the home institution, will cover transportation costs, shared hotel accommodation, welcome reception, participation to all scientific events at the meeting location, welcome dinner, event materials, coffee breaks, poster session, lunches, and the programmed leisure activities.
Application process and more information: To apply, please fill in the application form for INGENIUM Senior Winter School.
Don’t forget to upload your CV or resume. Contact Birgitta Lindström (email@example.com) or Sunith Bandaru (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
- Application deadline: 27 November
- Notification of acceptance: 6 December 2023
- Information for the participants and registration: 8 December 2023
- Winter School arrival: 4 February 2024
- Winter School program: 5 February–9 February 2024
- Winter School departure: 10 February 2024
The Winter School brings together students and mentors from all 10 INGENIUM members in Europe to explore, reflect and create in a narrative space that fosters interdisciplinary collaboration.
Do not hesitate! Apply now!